Claiming PPI with no information?

Options
Hi,

Sorry if this has been done millions of times already but I am just wondering how to go about claiming for PPI for credit cards I had in the early 00's when I no longer have the account numbers and provider information etc? I had quite a few credit cards during the first 6 years of the 00's, which I remember ticking the PPI box on but without the relevant information I'm not sure how I can go about pursuing a claim?

Would my only solution be to approach a claims company and would they even be able to help with absolutely no information apart from my name and address?

Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Claims companies know less than you.

You'd need to contact every company you thought you had a card with, possibly paying £10 to each for a SAR. It's likely though that they won't have records after this amount of time.

But if you ticked the box for PPI, what would your complaint reasons for mis sale be?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 June 2016 at 3:00PM
    Options
    Littleowl wrote: »
    I remember ticking the PPI box on
    If you actively selected the PPI by ticking the box yourself, then this makes any complaint about mis-selling very difficult.

If you bought the insurance yourself then nobody can have (mis)sold it to you!

Regardless, you'll have an uphill battle just establishing which cards you had, let alone PPI.

If all the accounts are closed, then it's very likely there will no no longer be any records of your finance more than a decade on..

Claims companies are not investigative agents, all they do basically is put a stamp on the envelope containing your complaint and then charge around a third(plus VAT) of any redress you might win.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure