PPI calculation

Options
Hello
I have recently been advised that I am due back some PPI that was miss-sold by Yorkshire Bank.

The information received only gives a gross figure for the amount of PPI and does not explain how it was calculated e.g amount paid per month and for how long.

If I ask, am I likely to receive a more detailed statement of calculation? I would think this information is pertinent prior to any complaint to the ombudsman.

Thank you in anticipation.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Normally, the closure letter for the complaint will give the breakdown.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    A couple of banks seem to be doing this (NatWest/RBS being the worst offenders).

It's bizarre, as - as you say - you need to know this both in order to check the calculation is correct and to reclaim the tax paid on the gross interest element of the redress if you can.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure