MSE News: BHS holding 'closing sales' as it shuts up shop – what it means for you

in Shop but don't drop
12 replies 6.4K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
BHS will be holding ‘closing sales’ over the coming weeks after it was confirmed the company is going into liquidation...
Read the full story:
'BHS holding 'closing sales' as it shuts up shop – what it means for you'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• 20aday20aday Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What an utter shame BHS couldn't be saved from liquidation.

Not only are the stores' 11,000 workers now facing finding employment elsewhere it has a wider impact on people who supply the company itself.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • PincherPincher
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evan Davis in the Bottom Line on Radio 4 did a discussion on BHS, and.

Bangernomics on a grand scale.
  • littlereddevillittlereddevil Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only 20% off in my local, not worth bothering
    travelover
  • FebruarycatFebruarycat Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    I went in yesterday but only had 10% and 20% off some items, and lots of small sizes or large sizes left in clothing, came out with nothing.
  • ktcoilktcoil Forumite
    559 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi does anyone know what date Bhs closes? as is there going to be anymore further reductions? looking at stuff for a new home.
  • ktcoilktcoil Forumite
    559 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Do we have an idea of when the stores will be closed down? and will there be any more reductions on everything? looking at home goods for a new house? thanks
  • theblaggertheblagger Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went in there yesterday , prices have barely shifted, I can see them getting reduced pretty soon if no-one is buying at current prices, a lot was over priced in the first place
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
  • IceColdIceCold Forumite
    32 Posts
    There is no set date yet.
  • ktcoilktcoil Forumite
    559 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yea I went in a week ago and prices were high so was checking if was due to go down and when would really close down as sure a week or two before they would drop to a closing down sale rather than so much off lie now and yea they were too pricy but good stuf, that's why wanted to try take advantage with getting a house shortly :)
  • samuela66samuela66 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    I have heard August in my local one the other day!
    Sam B
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals