No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2016

Comments

• kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    I'm in again.
    Any of you Beauty Experts can recomend a face mask which can be cooled in the fridge. Only in an attempt to use a sample pot of redness balm which did nothing at room temperature I chilled it and it had visible results. Now I'm wondering it I can cool mask the veins back to where they should be.

This one is a nice cooling creme-gel, it can be used as a night cream too, I would imagine it would be fine refrigerated.....

http://www.lancome.co.uk/_en/_gb/hydra-zen/hydra-intense-008112.aspx
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Couple UU to report:

Primark ps love your skin deep facial cleansing wipes- WBA did the job fine and didn't irritate my skin. They took my make up off well.

Mum fresh pink roll on deodorant- WBA I've always liked the scent of this and it does the job well.

Have any of you guys got problems with a b12 deficiency? My blood test results came back and I my b12 levels are extremely low. Doctor thinks I have problems absorbing b12 and that its related to my immune system not diet related as I'm not a vegan. I've got to have loading doses every other day for the next 2 weeks then one every 3 months and regular blood tests. I had my first one today and it didn't hurt at the time but my arm has been really achy all day (and I'm not normally one for moaning as I have no issue with cannulas etc). I've also felt really shattered more than normal like I could sleep forever earlier (although my gabapentin has now put paid to that and made me wide awake) I'm at work on a sleep in. Just felt completely rubbish. Please tell me it gets better and makes you feel better in the end! :-/
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    I'm in again.
    Any of you Beauty Experts can recomend a face mask which can be cooled in the fridge. Only in an attempt to use a sample pot of redness balm which did nothing at room temperature I chilled it and it had visible results. Now I'm wondering it I can cool mask the veins back to where they should be.

Lush make a range of masks that are kept in the fridge.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 June 2016 at 6:38AM
    Thanks to dolly for the new thread. I'm back. Hoping for a low buy month. Have a couple of items that I want to buy to take advantage of offers. Want to buy a bottle of L'Occitane Cherry Blossom fragrance towards Emma's birthday gift in July using the £10 off voucher I have. Want to buy her some Tarte foundation too and am awaiting a price for n the TSV at weekend to decide what to do. I then want to spend nothing else and can only think of cotton wool that will need replacing.

Have some OUTs already. First the UU:-

First one that I'm really proud of and is part of my Finish 7 by Summer : Full size Laura Geller Bronze n Brighten. Still love this product as it gives a really subtle glow. Not going to replace for now as I have a UD Gwen Stefani bronzer in my palette and a Bobbi Brown bronze shimmer brick.

Florence Anne Patchouli and Clove hand cream. Probably would not buy. The texture of these is weird although maybe they are old. Have the last open on my desk at work. This one is Blackcurrant and fig fragrance.

2 TAs:-

The Orange Tree Orange blossom and neroli hand lotion. This whole set was vile and this product was no exception. Felt soapy on my skin. Life is way too short to try and get along with products that don't suit my skin. I now only have one full size Soap and Glory Hand Food and 2 X 10ml L'Occitane Shea hand creams in stash.

OPI mini bottle of Bubble Bath. I have also TA various other nail colours over the weekend mostly Leighton Denny ones. Have pulled out numerous similar shades and have decided to be brutal. If I don't live the colour anymore it's going. Have repainted my nails this am and am wearing Nails Inc Victoria and Albert. Still love this red.

My PP list for June:-

Essie Goid to go top coat
    Bath and Bidy Wirks pocketbac
    Various sample sachets
    Various eye masks
    Angel perfume sample
    Liz Earle IBST 200ml
    Lush Porridge soap
    Clinique Highlights mascara
    Benefit Sunbeam highlighter
    L'Occitane Bon mere rose soap
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Ladykernow
    Ladykernow Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Going to do this challenge. Helps me use all the stock that I have left in my cupboards!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 June 2016 at 7:56AM
    Gemzie121 wrote: »
    Couple UU to report:

Primark ps love your skin deep facial cleansing wipes- WBA did the job fine and didn't irritate my skin. They took my make up off well.

Mum fresh pink roll on deodorant- WBA I've always liked the scent of this and it does the job well.

Have any of you guys got problems with a b12 deficiency? My blood test results came back and I my b12 levels are extremely low. Doctor thinks I have problems absorbing b12 and that its related to my immune system not diet related as I'm not a vegan. I've got to have loading doses every other day for the next 2 weeks then one every 3 months and regular blood tests. I had my first one today and it didn't hurt at the time but my arm has been really achy all day (and I'm not normally one for moaning as I have no issue with cannulas etc). I've also felt really shattered more than normal like I could sleep forever earlier (although my gabapentin has now put paid to that and made me wide awake) I'm at work on a sleep in. Just felt completely rubbish. Please tell me it gets better and makes you feel better in the end! :-/

Yup me OK. Full reply or pm later when I have lap top. Injection can hurt as it is into muscle, some nurses better than others.

Most people feel tired afterwards, several reasons. If you can schedule your jabs when you can go home and sleep afterwards it helps. Medics don't tell you, they actually know very little, best to buy asap and take a good multi bit and min, a separate B complex and eats lots of food containing Potassium each day.

I have been diagnosed 15 years and still here lol. Rather poorly at present,but that is something else.

Don't skip the good things, much better to shelve the Lush habit for a while if money is tight.
    Take care, "talk" soon.
    MM
    Xxxx

Should say Vitamin not bit.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Gemzie121 wrote: »

I have B12 Injections as well (every 8 weeks), just had my last one last week. I believe my issue is related to having Coeliac which has caused problems with absorption of some vitamins/minerals etc. My arm is always sore afterwards and sometimes quite numb, I also tend to bleed from the injection site t=straight after (apparently very common). It can be quite a painful injection, due to it being quite a thick tacky fluid (well that's the excuse the nurses give).

Hope you feel better soon
  • ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Can anyone recommend me an eye cream? I'm currently using the Body Shop vitamin e, and while it's ok I'm not that fussed. I'm 25, don't have wrinkles *yet* although am not opposed to preventing them! I do get puffy bags and a bit of darkness. I don't sleep all that well so maybe something brightening and tightening? Want something for nightime that's not too rich, but feel like it is actually doing something? Sorry I know that's vague....what do other people enjoy using?
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2016 at 10:13PM
    Morning all

Gemzie my mil has to have b12 injections every 12 weeks, at the beginning she complained her arm felt sore afterwards but she must be used to them now as she doesn't seem bothered by them anymore, she's been having them over three years now.
    Hope you get on OK.

First UU of the month, a perfume Trevor in love, smelt ok but not as nice as the original tresor, that I love but don't have any of. I'm trying to get into single figures of perfumes before Dh is allowed to by me anymore so I'm sneaking the empties down to the bottle bank as I use them up.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • seasideDreamer
    seasideDreamer Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    UU White Collection Body lotion nice fragrance, kinds spa like and made me feel like I was having a nice pamper. Going to try and use some smaller bottles up to cut down on the numbers more quickly. Hubby isworking his way through the hotel minis he's always bringing back before he treats himself to his Birthday Molton Brown.

Another weekend away so hopefully we don't bring many back with us:eek::eek:
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure