Car insured or not? What to do for the best

Options
Looking for a bit of advice please. I will try and keep it short and to the point.
Purchased car insurance on line on the 20th may 2016 , received a confirmation email ,payment taken , message said documents to be sent by email within 48hrs,
A week later, last Friday ,realised that I had not seen these documents ,rang customer services was told that they couldn't find me on their system but if money was taken not to worry.
Felt that I was being fobbed off ,so rang another number and was told that the policy had not been activated but could offer no explanation as to why but they would ring me back within 24hrs. No call back ,so rang them again on Saturday , helpful lady but couldn't resolve anything but promised to ring back in 24hrs , no call back.
Fired off emails to every address I could find ,only one response saying that the only thing they had on file was a quote reference number.
What do I do ? I want to tell them to stuff it but if they cant even acknowledge that they've got my money , how do I get it back. ?
My heart sinks when I was probably driving around for 5 days with no insurance , car hasn't moved since last Friday as I just don't know. But its getting to the point where I need it.

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Which Insurer / Broker is it?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Which Insurer / Broker is it?

Eldon through the brand name Debenhams, under righter AXA.
    Ended up there via Quidco and it has tracked so confident it was the legit site.
    Could use section 75 to get money back but the reality is just want a confirmation of insurance.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CEO's email liz.bilney@eldoninsurance.co.uk

or their twitter account is twitter.com/goskippy

Twitter would be quicker normally
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you checked to see what is showing on the MID to see if it's down as insured or not ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure