MSE News: Check NOW if hackers have stolen your data after LinkedIn and Myspace hacks

Former_MSE_Nick
Former_MSE_Nick Posts: 463
I've been Money Tipped!
Forumite
edited 31 May 2016 at 6:06PM in Techie Stuff
There has been a spate of recent high-profile data breaches exposing users' data, with more than 100 million account details from the professional social network LinkedIn published online a couple of weeks ago. But there's a quick, free and easy way to check if you're at risk from these and many other data breaches.
Read the full story:
'Check NOW if hackers have stolen your data after LinkedIn and Myspace hacks'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• clairet707
    clairet707 Posts: 385
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Im being bombarded with spam now since checking :( not happy!!:(:mad:
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 763
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    clairet707 wrote: »
    Im being bombarded with spam now since checking :( not happy!!:(:mad:
    Are you using hotmail, it may be them - their spam filters are down .....
    http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2016/06/01/confused-by-your-inbox-this-morning-microsofts-outlook-and-hotmail-spam-filters-are-broken
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Used the site many times, not noticed any rise in spam.

If your logins have been compromised change password and turn on 2-factor-authentication.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • As has already been pointed out by alanwsg, if you're on Hotmail and you're getting an increased amount of spam this morning it may be because Microsoft has been having issues with its Outlook Spam filters for the past 12 hours. It's currently trying to fix this.

We have added in a step on spam emails to the article explaining this.

MSE Nick
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,078
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Nick wrote: »
    As has already been pointed out by alanwsg, if you're on Hotmail and you're getting an increased amount of spam this morning it may be because Microsoft has been having issues with its Outlook Spam filters for the past 12 hours. It's currently trying to fix this.

We have added in a step on spam emails to the article explaining this.

MSE Nick

Received about 40 in my junk file yesterday but today nothing. Hopefully it was because of the hotmail issues and nothing else.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    First of all, I cannot seem to find any link to check if hackers have got at me - where is the link? Second, I suspected all was not well on Facebook which is why I closed it down in March 2016 after three years as a member. I think, I hope, I found the way to make it a permanent closure and removal rather than just be made dormant. I just hope my email and anything else is not still floating around in FB space. I have increasing problems with Virgin Media, my service provider, and despite writing to them twice (handwritten snail mail because of hacking fears) I have yet to receive a reply or have my problems resolved. They provide my landline phone as well and I strongly suspect problems there too. I receive my email via Virgin Media through to Windows Live Mail on my PC and there are problems there!! It never ends! I see in this latest message from MSE that Microsoft Outlook has problems, does Windows Live Mail too? I have messages suddenly going into Spam folders when they used to go (correctly) into my Inbox. Some messages never seem to arrive, or suddenly appear weeks later (and sometimes in Spam) making you wonder if you did not spot them originally. Even Virgin Media's own messages to me are going astray now, which I have told them about!! I also get what their Helpdesk has told me are Spam messages from someone using a Virgin Media type address. An email from my bank that I was expecting last week never turned up either! Now as I read this latest MSE message and logged on to this Forum I am told that MSE has also been hi-jacked and so I now wonder if this is actually the MSE Forum after all and wonder what sort of reply I might get, if any!!! Help!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I now see that the existing messages that I can see on this Forum thread are nearly three months old! So it would seem I am well and truly hacked - and hacked off!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You cant find a link when theres a clickable link in the opening post?
    Kinda hard to follow your post but you seem to have been hacked everywhere by your reckoning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure