Argos free Gift Voucher only valid for just over a month

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
21 replies 7.2K views
AnneMarie4687AnneMarie4687 Forumite
50 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Argos advertise that if you spend £100 they will issue you with a gift voucher for £10 and if you spend £50 a voucher for £5 will be given to you. What they don't tell you, which I found out to my disgust, is that is is only valid for just over a month. if you purchase a gift card it is valid for a least a year. I think this is a very misleading offer, and they should call it something else as it is not a true Argos gift voucher.

Replies

• p00hsticksp00hsticks Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What they don't tell you, which I found out to my disgust, is that is is only valid for just over a month.

I think you'll find if you check their website that they do (and in quite big letters)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/giftvoucher1.htm?!!!!!ar:homepage:strip

"Free £10 voucher when you spend £100 or more
    Free £5 voucher when you spend £50 or more
    WITH ANY PURCHASE BETWEEN 25TH MAY AND 4TH JUNE
    & REDEEM BETWEEN THE 25TH MAY AND 15TH JULY"
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What they don't tell you, which I found out to my disgust, is that is is only valid for just over a month. if you purchase a gift card it is valid for a least a year. I think this is a very misleading offer, and they should call it something else as it is not a true Argos gift voucher.
    You're correct, it isn't . . . it's a FREE one with a limited use-by date.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argos advertise that if you spend £100 they will issue you with a gift voucher for £10 and if you spend £50 a voucher for £5 will be given to you. What they don't tell you, which I found out to my disgust, is that is is only valid for just over a month. if you purchase a gift card it is valid for a least a year. I think this is a very misleading offer, and they should call it something else as it is not a true Argos gift voucher.

You could ask the member of staff if there's a use by date.
    I dont expect anything like this to last longer than a month.
  • kwikbreakskwikbreaks Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much certain the expiry date is printed on it.

I got caught out with one ages ago so now I'm well aware that these promotional cards have a limited lifetime. It's a sort-of free thing so I'm not overly concernened. What does miff me is finding that something I bought a month or so back has been the subject of one of their sizeable reductions.
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    They also have glass doors and you have two feet. If you do not like their promotion and offer, ignore the fact you can see through the door and use your feet.
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The chances are that, shopping around, you can find the product at a lower price (including the voucher value) elsewhere.
  • ukwmoukwmo Forumite
    60 Posts
    Just a FYI

They can extend the voucher. I've got a 10 pounds voucher which expires today, but the item I've ordered for store collection won't be delivered to the store until 3rd June. Argos have agreed to honour the ten pound voucher when I collect & pay for the item, later this week.
  • bod1467bod1467
    15.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have that in writing? (Email = writing)
  • ukwmoukwmo Forumite
    60 Posts
    Yep, I've got it in a chat log.

If you click on "Help" on the Argos site, you'll find a chat facility to speak to their CS reps.
  • ARandomMiserARandomMiser Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    There has to be a certain onus on individuals to take responsibility and understand the terms of any offer.
    IITYYHTBMAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides