Strange call from MBNA

Options
Hi

I claimed my ppi back from MBNA about four years ago, had the payment and thought the matter was closed.

They called and said they had made a calculation error and that I would be sent a letter and another cheque through the mail.

I'm a bit worried (I'm ill and struggle with phone calls/stress etc) that although the lady assured me they would be sending me money and not be claiming any back from me, this may end up happening?

Does anyone know what's going on?
I wish I knew more than I do!! :)

Comments

• Insider101
    Insider101 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    daphnemoon wrote: »
    Hi

I claimed my ppi back from MBNA about four years ago, had the payment and thought the matter was closed.

They called and said they had made a calculation error and that I would be sent a letter and another cheque through the mail.

I'm a bit worried (I'm ill and struggle with phone calls/stress etc) that although the lady assured me they would be sending me money and not be claiming any back from me, this may end up happening?

Does anyone know what's going on?

Some banks have had errors in their calculation methods highlighted which means they have been underpaying people. This is a case in point. If they have said they owe you money then they owe you money. They will not be trying to claim anything back from you and even if they did you are perfectly entitled to tell them where to go. Hope that helps.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Insider101, thank you so much for the reassurance I can relax now!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bringing this back to the top to see if anyone else has received a similar call from MBNA as I've not heard anything from them??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport