We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Unable to register Lloyds Avios cards to Apple Pay?

Jlawson118
Jlawson118 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
I signed up and received my Lloyds Avios cards in March, the American Express card and Mastercard. When I put the Apple Pay camera on the cards, it recognises all of the information, it knows it's a Lloyds Avios card and knows that it's the AMEX or Mastercard. Yet it got to the stage where I needed to verify these cards, and I chose to receieve a code via text message opposed to calling Lloyds Bank through the 0345 number.

I waited and waited for the verification code and nothing came through. The same with the Mastercard on there. That same day, I received a replacement First Direct debit card after my other was looking slightly worn. I was able to register that, receive a code and use it within a few minutes.

I had a bit of trouble replacing my Lloyds Bank debit card and I phoned them up regarding it, and whilst still on the phone, they registered the cards and verified them both over the phone. And Apple Pay allowed me to use the cards..well, until actually in a shop. I thought it was just a security precaution at first, but it started being every time I used it, where the card machine asked me to produce the original card and it's chip and pin..and it happened every time. So I removed them. I contacted customer services, they just thought there was something wrong with the contactless in the cards and sent me some new ones out.

I've had my phone replaced a few days ago due to battery problems, so I tried to register them again. I was able to add my First Direct, Lloyds Bank and even my Halifax Reward (I only even got that one through the post this morning) but the Avios Cards simply do not send me a verification code.

Has anybody else experienced issues like this? And what can I do? I don't really want to call customer services again because they never really seem to care

Comments

  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Have they got the right mobile number on record for you? I don't know if they can hold different numbers for the credit and debit cards, but that could be the problem?
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 29 May 2016 at 11:25PM
    SuperHan wrote: »
    Have they got the right mobile number on record for you? I don't know if they can hold different numbers for the credit and debit cards, but that could be the problem?

    Hey! I thought that too and you just have me thinking actually..my Lloyds current account has the correct number though so I was just about to reply and say that it should be correct, although I just remembered when logging into my account to check, that around a month or so ago, a transaction I was making kept getting blocked online and the security message said they'd phone me within ten minutes and half an hour later, I'd still received nothing so I had to call them. And I had numerous problems trying to get the fraud department to unblock my card..
    I'm going to check it out online now. I'm travelling tomorrow and will be away for a few months..so if problems persist when I come back then I'll try to sort it out then.

    Although the Apple Pay verification number stars out some of the numbers, but the ones shown are correct. Although I do have a bad habit of getting the odd digit wrong
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.