MBNA want more info

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 704 views
skyesaverskyesaver Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
MBNA did not uphold my PPI complaint for old credit card PPI
I believe I took on PPI but did not really need it as I did not ask the right questions at the point of sale so I have now asked them to review their findings
I have now sent lots of additional info to MBNA to show all my savings, shares, pension details, sick pay benefits etc for that period when I was in a permanent secure job
MBNA texted me asking me to phone them
When I called they said the advisor looking into my case wanted to see the EXACT money I had available to me on the ACTUAL date of PPI sale
All the additional paperwork I sent to them only shows ANNUAL statements for that year or bank statements for around that date, how can I prove to them what they are asking?

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Difficult if you don't have any monthly statements from that period..

You'd have to write Subject Access Request (SAR) letters to all of the financial companies you had dealings with. How long ago was this? The longer ago it was, the less likely this information will be available even if you pay for it.

Incidentally, being in a "permanent secure job" is not really any benefit to your case because all it shows is that you had need for the insurance. I doubt you were immune to redundancy unless you were a serving police officer etc...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides