The Rewards Forum / Free Time - possible scam

Options
I have just received a letter from a company called The Rewards Forum - who I have never heard of before. They claim to have my card details from a previous transaction and are going to debit my card with £99.99 for membership, and are offering a "free" holiday in Spain.

A bit of research suggests the phone number is linked to a company called Free Time, and phoning the number via Skype (I now live abroad) confirms this, though I've been on hold for 10 minutes as I speak. (Edit - have now spoken to someone who says it's been cancelled but I'm still going to keep a close check on my account!)

Research suggests this is linked to a purchase of Space Bags last year which I certainly didn't spend nearly £100 on! Nothing has been deducted from my bank account yet though....

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just received a letter from a company called The Rewards Forum - who I have never heard of before. They claim to have my card details from a previous transaction and are going to debit my card with £99.99 for membership, and are offering a "free" holiday in Spain.

A bit of research suggests the phone number is linked to a company called Free Time, and phoning the number via Skype (I now live abroad) confirms this, though I've been on hold for 10 minutes as I speak. (Edit - have now spoken to someone who says it's been cancelled but I'm still going to keep a close check on my account!)

Research suggests this is linked to a purchase of Space Bags last year which I certainly didn't spend nearly £100 on! Nothing has been deducted from my bank account yet though....
    Do you have a consumer right issue you would like help with, or did you mean to post on The Praise, Vent & Warnings Board?
  • keithinfife
    keithinfife Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2016 at 6:53PM
    Options
    Probably should be the other one - didn't spot it....

Have reposted this point there so feel free to delete this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure