Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

complaint against three

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
1 reply 867 views
bike_saving_expertbike_saving_expert Forumite
78 Posts
Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Hi

I have my sim only contract with 3 currently. unwittingly probably via some sort of virus my phone subscribed to napster. I have a pre-set limit on my account so that I cant pay anymore than £16 pcm. However, somehow this company called napster was able to piggy back on my DD with three in order to take money from my account. I spotted it quickly and have canceled a subscription that I would never have wanted and would never have knowingly set up.

As such I have launched a complaint with three to

1 make sure another company cannot piggy back on their DD despite having a pre set limmit

2 to return the money taken from me by napster enabled by their DD

I have to admit i did sense an air of unwillingness from three to accept what i had to say as a complaint which for a regulated industry i believe is illegal.

Anyone had any other experiences like this or any ideas

thanks

Replies

• edited 3 June 2016 at 9:37PM
    bike_saving_expertbike_saving_expert Forumite
    78 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2016 at 9:37PM
    Thought I would add this in case anyone else experiences the same issues. Spoke to three complaints who said they could do nothing to help me. Then spoke to the regulator who said they could do nothing until I have a letter of deadlock. called three back up and demanded a letter of deadlock who then escalated it to their executive complaints team. At this point they offered to pay me back the money that was taken. But they would not admit responsibility or admit anything. I kind of wanted to push on and take it to the regulator as the security issue is a concern but did not have the time and not really worth the effort. Overall i found three a little unwilling to help me they made me go back and forth I anticipated the need for a deadlock letter but their complaints team had no idea what one was or just did not want to refer something to executive complaints.
This discussion has been closed.