PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread Sunday 22 May

Options
2»

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello again, my friend has been over, with a Victoria sponge and a big pot planted with a selection of pretty plants, early birthday gifts as I shan't see her until next weekend, our free days sometimes coincide but not every week.

Am quite full and mildly sticky.

One load of washing on the line and I need to be eagle-eyed or at least not asleep as it is meant to rain soon.

OH has gone to make me a cup of tea.

I have to cook a gsmmon joint in a while, I am not fond of gammon especially if I can't smother it in parsley sauce and he forgot the parsley. It will be onion sauce instead. And new potatoes, which I do like.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • elaine373
    elaine373 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 May 2016 at 4:17PM
    Options
    Hell everyone, happy Sunday. I hope you are all well.
    Just popping quickly before I go out with some of my family to a wedding reception.
    Hester glad to see you got a bit of a lie in .xx
    I didn't sleep so well because I was on the sofa due to visitors. It was like Piccadilly station early this morning, what with family, cats and neighbour noise.
    Not a lot done in regards to housework. DDinLaw did wash up and Hoover whilst I was having a bath. So that was much appreciated. Just having a coffee before we all go out. Others are still getting ready. I will prepare for the oncoming week with home ed lessons, food plans and shopping if I have enough time. I also have to finish a student support application online, for my daughter who is going to Uni in September .
    Have a good day everyone. Hugs to those that need one. Xxx
    “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Late post from me. We were at Bodiam Castle today with DSis and her DHtobe and the children. Lovely time had by all, and we took a picnic which meant extra cash to get ice creams and teas etc, plus DS2 had a go at archery.

Yesterday's visit to the Brompton Cemetery was very interesting and we braved the catacombs which were macabre to say the least :! Was back later than expected then helped out at a church concert in the evening - shattered.

Looking into changing our current accounts as we've been with Nationwide for over 20 years and get no incentives with it at all. Looking at Speky's first direct bonus I'm very tempted. Will need to wait u til we are back from holiday though as too complicated to do it now.

Have a great evening all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

We are having a weird day weatherwise......sun shine for an hour, then heavy rain oor hailstones for the next 30 minutes.....luckily we had nothing outdoors planned.

Dinner tonight will be the leftover bolognese and meatballs from yesterday, so no cooking tonbe done.

Of to Cork tomorrow for DGD2' s confirmation on Tuesday, back early Wednesday afternoon......will bring a flask to have a cuppa on the way, I like to take a break roughly half way, OH no longer drives on the motorway as he gets too anxious which in turn makes me anxious!

Csarina.....sounds like a miserable cold.....take it easy.

TA....enjoy your break.

Hester, you never cease to amaze me with your energy. I am still struggling to finish the second chr istening robe for C & M and the christening is on 28th! Not much left to do but am fed up.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everybody.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been a bit strange here too meanmarie - long periods of sunshine and then a burst of rain. I did the bedding this morning and got it all on the line in time for a short rainfall and then the sun came out and the wind blew it all dry.

I sat out at the front for about an hour working on my copper pot, got my lovely microfibre clothes all horrible so ordered new ones from A*azon, Only the rim and bits of other areas got done as it's a slog. Then I sat out at the back for another wee while and just watched the birds, took a book but the wildlife was more interesting.

Now I've poured a glass of wine from a bottle I was given last week, and very pleasant it is too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure