PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread Sunday 22 May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,048 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Bright and dry here this morning, hope it lasts.

Yesterday I chanced a white wash out on the line. I read the forecast on line and saw a 'window of no rain' between 1.00pm and 3.30pm, and it was bang on. I also got a text from the picture framers to say my picture was ready so I went down to collect. Before and after those times the rain hammered down.

As for today, getting ready for next week is the plan. I'm off to Glasgow on Monday, doing a day trip to Manchester on Tuesday and spending the rest of the week with Mum.

Food will be leftovers from the fridge, there's some boiled ham and limp salad stuff.

Happy Sunday folks.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 May 2016 at 7:54AM
    Options
    Good morning, a crisp, bright day so far, have not read the weather report for later.
    I have a friend coming over for a cup of tea mid-morning, and nothing else pressing to do today. I have spent the weekend without my work laptop and it is unexpectedly relaxing. I think this is showing me how unrelaxed I tend to be so will do this more often.
    Hope everyone else has a relaxing day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning GERS and all who follow. (Grrrr just lost an almost finished post!!!!) A lovely start here too and forecast for the day as well.

DD decided to have a BBQ this afternoon and we were duly invited. Next came the SOS - our gas is empty can we borrow yours?! She came up for it and went home not only with that but a dozen sausages, two packs of burgers. a pack of Pittas, a pack of Thins and a red pepper! We may as well just have had the BBQ here! So will be down there all afternoon and I'll probably end up with all the washing up too before we come home!!

We get picked up at 7.00 tomorrow for our coach trip to the Torbay area. We got our little cases packed last night so just odds and ends and medication to pop in at the last minute before they are zipped up. The 5 day forecast doesn't show any rain, nor does it show any sun, so we are expecting cloud! Clothes for all eventualities packed, as always for this country! Also a couple of paperbacks from my stash for the long journey down. Looking forward to no meal planning, no cooking and, hopefully, some nice food prepared by somebody else!

DS is going to pop up this morning with Roxy dog. I'll have the makings of a big bacon sandwich ready for his arrival. And a treat for Roxy of course!

If I don't get back on again before we go, have a good week everybody and (((HUGS))) to all those in need. Will report back next weekend. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Well I slept from 10 until 8 even though I had a nana nap yesterday, the fish have been fed and hubby has a cuppa.

Today I will be doing more washing and packing more stuff to sell and for the charity shops and then some more crochet.I've started a V stitch blanket in the Cupcake colours from Wool Warehouse.

I must also do some more writing for the challenge I've joined at the writers circle.

Lunch today is chicken, /I have defrosted some breasts, hubby will probably have smothered chicken, but I'll do something different for me as I don't like smothered chicken.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Dry and bright here, think we are set for a reasonable day.

Throughly enjoyed yesterday, was busy with chores in the morning and then spent most of the afternoon reading on the sofa, bliss. Have read most of the Robin Hobb books for the Farseer/Elderling world and love them, quite a change from my usual crime fiction but so enjoyable. I did pop over to see Billy in the evening, have put him back on painkillers as he is stiff and sore :(
    Today we are off to youngest brother's for my nieces 18th birthday, she asked for a family tea party so fingers crossed it stays fine, we are picking Mum up to take her over but she will stay with them for the night.
    So, lovely day to look forward too, including the Archers omnibus and a cooked breakfast!

Have a good Sunday everyone, take care folks x
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Sunny at the moment but some clouds on the horizon. 2 loads of washing on the line including my bedding. DW on.

Just had a couple of sausages for breakfast, had a notion for them. Reminds me, I must do some shopping, the fridge is bare!

Painted the colours on DDs 2 bathrooms yesterday, did a couple of shopping trips in between coats. Will go back on Friday to do the white painting - she said the white walls were ok but they're not so will freshen them up with proper bathroom paint.

Bought some hanging baskets from B&M yesterday so will get some plants today to fill them.

Have a lovely holiday TA, enjoy the rest. A fantastic sleep for you HH!

RR - How is the new job going?

Enjoy your Sunday, take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Was raining here first thing but brightening up now, OH has his work clothes in the wm I have stripped the bed and will hang it all out.

DD is away with her young man they seem to be having a lovely time, he seems to be a nice chap who looks after her and I think they are both smitten :D

Going to have some bacon and egg and toast in a while, Ive woken up starving, we had prawn and scallop stir fry last night and while it was delicious it never fills me up for long.

Not sure about dinner the freezer is full so will go and have a look, I quite fancy a jacket spud with cheese and salad.

Need to have a good tidy round did not get chance yesterday, took car for mot which failed, got to take it back Tuesday £150 :( came back from there and fell asleep for a couple of hours I did not even hear OH take the dog out !

Camelot job is going really well, its very stressful but I was doing a lot of the work before anyway, I have caught up on months of paperwork left by the previous manager ( I think she lost heart) so things may start to get easier now, I need to decide if I am going for the permanent job which comes with a massive payrise but I need to weigh that up with the extra stress !

Got to bath Evie today her soft fur gets very matted and grubby, and although she is tiny its a two person job and she hates it :rotfl:

TA have a great break xx

Hilstep how are you doing ?

Lainey hope the pain killers fork for Bill x

Have good days all xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I am up and dressed first time since Thursday, still very nosy and the cough is something else, apart from that not bad.

Bed linen in the washer, it should dry. We are forecast rain after lunch tomorrow so may just do a coloured wash in the morning.

OH is bowling this afternoon, so no Sunday supper. Will have eggs on toast before he goes out. I get the afternoon to myself, I might just go back to bed!!

Funeral of an old friend tomorrow morning. We were very friendly with him and his wife, she was the lady who gave me the azalea. After she died he became very withdrawn, he was loosing his sight from Glaucoma, we lost touch and were not able to find out where he was living, the notice was in the paper last week.

Quilt group this week, the group is getting more demanding so I am having to take them further on, I am a bit disappointed that they still want me to do projects for them rather than them try things out for themselves. Hey ho thats life They will have to loose their comfort blanket at some point. I will get to the stage where they exhaust my knowledge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, it's an odd sort of start to the day as it's very warm but dull, grey and quite humid. Polytunnel and greenhouse are opened up, yesterday was so cool and wet we didn't bother, and things seem to be growing on in the garden but I don't feel like we've hit spring properly yet this year. A few sunny days don't make a summer do they? and we've not seen one single swallow, swift or house martin this year either, so strange!!!

I'm suffering a bit at the moment with a sore heel, DD says it's plantar fasciitis and I'm doing stretching exercises and taking pain killers but it's a bit uncomfortable, I'm going to ease off on Cookie walks for a few weeks and see if that makes any difference, I'll miss them though. Nothing specific planned for today, I hope I can get He Who Knows to take me somewhere for a break from the village, could do with a change of scenery for a few hours and I'm longing for some warmer and sunny weather, gosh what a grump I am today!

LAINEY Poor BILL I hope we get some nice warm and sunny weather for his sake, it must make a difference to his comfort levels when his muscles are warm and he can relax, give him a hug from me!

Hope you all have a good day, Lyn xxx.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TA

Enjoy your trip and have a chance to relax.

I enjoyed seeing the new x men film with dd yesterday but forgot the races were on so did not get back till six p.m. I had some spicy chicken and salad for tea and have a venison burger, mash and mixed veg for later. Breakfast was a bacon sandwich and large mug of coffee with a chance to put my feet up and browse on here.

I am on my own today so am taking the chance to be thoroughly lazy as I know tomorrow will be busy choosing paint for the hall and getting other DIY stuff. Youngest is coming home for the weekend so I want to sort out as much as I can. She should be pleased with the new upstairs bathroom but probably disappointed that there are still boxes all over the place.

Deleted_User

I hope your cough goes soon and you feel more like yourself.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business