I can't find my posts?

I joined here fairly recently, and have only posted twice - yet my profile says I have zero posts? (Even more strange - if I search on my name, the two threads I posted in appear - but when I click on them, my posts aren't there?! :()

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else - and if so, why? Have I broken the forum?! :cry:

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    What sort of posts?
    Very often posts get deleted if a certain number of other members click spam_v2_small.gif button under them.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    JayceyF wrote: »
    I joined here fairly recently, and have only posted twice - yet my profile says I have zero posts? (Even more strange - if I search on my name, the two threads I posted in appear - but when I click on them, my posts aren't there?! :()

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else - and if so, why? Have I broken the forum?! :cry:

It looks like you have had a post deleted.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JayceyF
    JayceyF Posts: 3 Newbie
    They were in two threads about borax ("where to find BORAX" and "Does anyone here use borax?"). People were asking where to buy it, so I just posted the name of the people I buy mine from. (I could see other people had also been posting links and websites, etc.?) The threads were old, but I don't think they've been locked. What did I do wrong? :huh:
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    JayceyF wrote: »
    They were in two threads about borax ("where to find BORAX" and "Does anyone here use borax?"). People were asking where to buy it, so I just posted the name of the people I buy mine from. (I could see other people had also been posting links and websites, etc.?) The threads were old, but I don't think they've been locked. What did I do wrong? :huh:
    Most probably reported as spam

Potential spammers resurrect old threads to get their post counts up

Yours possible got caught in the cross fire
  • JayceyF
    JayceyF Posts: 3 Newbie
    Aha, I think I'm beginning to see the light... I know nothing about spammers or how they operate, so this is a new one on me. (And I usually try and look for existing threads before starting a new one, but perhaps in this case that's a bad idea?!) One of the threads mentioned "the existing borax thread" but I couldn't work out which one this was, so I hoped for the best and actually posted in two (I can now see that that also might have been construed as 'spammy').

(I really don't understand spam or why anyone would think it was a good idea in any way - if everyone hates and deletes it, why even do it? What do spammers gain from it? Nothing that I can see! It's just a big annoying waste of time, and it makes people overly cynical and untrusting - don't you think? :undecided I mean, I was just trying to be helpful, so why were people suspecting me of spamming, I wonder... Did people think I might be connected to the suppliers that I was mentioning? If so, why have other people also posted supply information and links, and their posts are still there? Confused... :huh:)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 May 2016 at 7:24PM
    It is the case that most of us seeing a new/low-postcount poster putting-up business names as spam. Especially on threads that have been inactive for a while. Sadly we tend to be right much more often than wrong, so please don't take it to heart.

It looks like MSE have given you the benifit of the doubt by just deleting your posts but not banning you. Once you have a few tens of posts under you belt, all will be fine. :)
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    pogofish wrote: »
    It looks like MSE have given you the benifit of the doubt by just deleting your posts but not banning you.
    Unlike "Report", "Spam" buttons work without MSE intervention.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure