Working Tax Credit entitlement

Options
Hello :) I have a question about Working Tax Credits. I have just started a new job after being on JSA for a year (Yay me!!). I have been getting Child Tax Credits for my two children and it's a joint claim with my partner. I will be working 30hrs per week for 7.50ph, partner currently looking for work. When I called to update my info with HMRC they took my employer's details and working hours and pay etc. However they wouldn't tell me if I qualify for WTC and that I should wait for a renewal form which is being sent out imminently. With my last job before being let go a year ago, I remember updating my details over the phone and being given all info about WTC entitlement over the phone. Have things changed or am I remembering things wrong? According to all "benefits calculators" I should be getting WTC but the guy at HMRC wouldn't confirm. Any advice appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    The system doesn't calculate payments as soon as you make be change. You need to allow it time to process. You should get an award in the next couple of weeks.

You meet the hours criteria for claiming WTC however whether you get payments and at what level will depend on income for last tax year and this tax year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure