When was your last win?

Options
2»

Comments

• captainjack2
    captainjack2 Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    5 days a go was my last win. Month supply of snacks.
  • ellen_vannin
    ellen_vannin Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    Ten days ago - e-mail for Bosch mini Football fridge
    Just waiting for it to arrive.

On a bit of a roll this month , which motivates me to enter more comps.
  • C0nfused
    C0nfused Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pickles89 wrote: »
    Mine was 7th December. I'd only been comping for a year at that point but had 5 wins which seemed about 'right'. But nothing for nearly 6 months now. I know you can't win them all but something this year would be nice!

When was your last? Is it quieter than usual for you too?

Still yet to get a win.... :(

Started comping a couple of months ago now I guess, but just had a fortnight off, so just getting back into it.. just entered the TAB/Chat magazine competitions that I've missed over the last couple of weeks and will just go through others when I can to get back into the game.. Still would have been nice to have won something from the competitions entered before I went away.

When I first started comping I recorded each competition I entered, then I stopped doing that and now I have no idea how many I've entered etc.. I'm debating recording them again, the only thing stopping me is that recording it takes up time that I could be entering competitions!! Maybe I should just take out a pen and paper and record it that way... lol!!

Hope you get a win soon :)
    June 2016 Wins: £64 Argos Voucher :j July 2016 Wins: £25 Cash :j
  • Alkalinemiss
    Alkalinemiss Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hiya

I've not had a win since August 2015 which I won £200 in a magazine competition. I started comping in September 2014 and won some marvellous prizes: £200 from That's Life! magazine, 2 theatre tickets to see Mamma Mia (went with mum on my birthday), a Dualit Toaster and Kettle set via Delicious Magazine and my best prize was a £1000 One4All gift card. I really enjoyed spending it!!

I just enter competitions on prizes that I would like but tend to enter and forget and if I win, that's a bonus.

Just posted a postcard for the £250,000 ITV Daytime competition so wishing myself all the luck in the world!

Take care and happy comping
    Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver:p
    2022 wins wishlist - 1. Cash 2. Holidays/weekend break
    2022 wins so far: Ed Sheeran tickets to Wembley
    Thank you to those who take their time and effort in posting the comps - my favourite hobby! :j
  • luijo
    luijo Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Haven't won anything since December, and I thought last year was a poor year, but this year is much worse. But hey ... I'll keep trying as it was like this when I first started comping... it took ages to win anything. I'm always optimistic that a nice win is just around the corner though :) Good luck to everyone for the second half of the year :) xx
  • Sammummy2326
    Sammummy2326 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Just started entering comps. 2 weeks ago I won a swimming coarse for me and my son. Valve £120. Hope the first win of many....
  • princesssmithee
    princesssmithee Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 25 May 2016 at 12:57AM
    Options
    i have been comping for 5 years now, i used to win something everyday/every other day, atleast once a fortnight. Now nothing... absoutley nothing. The last 6 months of last year and this year have been SHOCKING! :( feel like it is pointless now

(and I enter pretty much every comp on MSE stilllike i have done for years ,im always like 2 weeks ahead and enter the new ones everyday)

It sucks to see so many in the same position
    Won some amazing prizes in the past 2 years :j
    THANKYOU TO EVERYONE THAT POSTS!!! :)
  • fzz33
    fzz33 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Just to make sure that no one does what I do (guilty!!) - I only enter for 'bigger stuff' i.e. more than £25. Then occasionally if I've done more than usual/caught up I'll enter for something lower value but I would def use.

I literally felt like my new approach had yielded no results in nearly 6 months. Yet when I actually looked at it properly I had received a 'runner up prize', plus 3 other prizes. These were 'just' a bunch of dvds', a wok set and 'book set'. I love these prizes and I'm not being ungrateful at all but shows that it is purely the luck of the draw, and my experience of entering EVERYTHING was very different!*

My advice to any newbie: Do what you feel and what you want. If you put the work in to enter you have as much chance and 'right' to enter as anyone else! Good luck! :)

*I started 2 years ago, won a camera, washing machine, dishwasher, ipad etc within months of starting and entering for everything inc dvds
  • Moneymadmark
    Moneymadmark Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Early December for me too although I have today been awarded my "6th year MSE anniversary badge" so maybe that will spark a change in my luck!
    I wish I had thought of a better user name as this makes me sounds greedy :( It was meant more tongue-in-cheek.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nothing since a December win was delivered in February. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts