When was your last win?

Options
Mine was 7th December. I'd only been comping for a year at that point but had 5 wins which seemed about 'right'. But nothing for nearly 6 months now. I know you can't win them all but something this year would be nice!

When was your last? Is it quieter than usual for you too?

Comments

• dizzyc
    dizzyc Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My last win was the end of February....I'm not worried though, I've been comping for many years and quite often go for several months without a win - but I only tend to enter bigger comps (anything over £200 in value). Last year I had one win in January then nothing until November but my prize value last year was over 5k.

So I keep doing my hobby whenever I have some free time, and I have a positive attitude - I know that one day I will win something again!
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2016 at 7:53PM
    Options
    This year has really been slow. my last win was last week-a loaf of GF bread! only one 'big' win so far this year, last month £250 shoetique vouchers-new shoes for summer was something me and my mum really needed so it was a great win. I did get a few good ones last year, only one was pricy but they were all well received. It's a great hobby, can seem a little tedious when no wins come in for months but the surprises are worth it((I took a break recently from comping and had three wins during it).

Keep comping, a good prize may be coming your way soon. (seven months 'till advents!;))
    2018 wins-12wins
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I've had a terrible year so far in 2016: A £1 box of Maltesers in January, and a Thorntons easter egg worth about £3 in March, that's my grand total for the year!
    But I keep telling myself I can't complain too much as the last six weeks of 2015 were amazing for me win-wise - with lots of medium sized wins and three really great ones that totalled about £2500 worth.
    It's all swings and roundabouts - I tell myself I had my share of the luck late last year, it's someone else's turn for the moment but it'll come back to me again some day! x
  • bellyburner
    bellyburner Posts: 14 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been comping since December for the first time but haven't won anything yet but still enjoy knowing that I "might" be in with a chance - like the phrase goes "you have to be in it to win it" Fingers crossed that my luck will change soon!
  • towser44
    towser44 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This year has definitely been slower than the last 6 months of last year (I started comping in July), but I won again yesterday and have had at least one win every month since I started.
    :easter:
  • Megan60
    Megan60 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi this is my first post. I only started doing competitions through newspapers and magazines but since about December I have won numerous theatre tickets. A box of champagne and a few odds and ends. Just started with all the comping in April so fingers crossed
  • fraserbooks
    fraserbooks Posts: 342 Forumite
    Options
    Last week, I won £25.00 in love to shop vouchers for a crossword puzzle. I have only been doing it seriously for a couple of months. I won some flower show tickets the month before that. I only enter a few competitions a day for things I really want: Generally weekends away or garden related items.
  • Autumnella
    Autumnella Posts: 605 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    On Thursday I won all of the makeup from the cover of Boots mag. I've done really well this year, the quantity of prizes has been less than previous years but the value has been more. I'm really pleased.
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
  • compingtinkertink2010
    Options
    End of march - this has been the worst year so far! Hoping my luck changes!
  • GeeBee38
    GeeBee38 Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    last July was my last win i think, so nearly a year, i keep trying tho :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure