We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Missing chaps payment from yorkshire bank

Options
2»

Comments

• Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I should also have said that there's nothing to stop Santander talking with YB about this payment. The two organisations will need to talk to each other about it.

At the moment Santander are claiming that they have no knowledge of it so YB must give evidence that it has been sent. YB can email or fax a copy of the Swift to Santander to assist.

Neither bank will be able to give any additional details of either customer but name and address are integral to payments and don't pose any data protection issues between banks as they are required by law for payments.

I would suggest that you keep on at Santander whilst your Mum does the same at YB. Make a note of reference numbers and names of people to whom you speak.
    I hate verisimilitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family