Which place to go for?

Options
I have a choice between £50 a week including internet and water rates but not utilities, fully refurbished including replastering 4 years ago, good sized rooms with nice beds. Reasonable size kitchen.

About 3 minutes walk from a Asda, Poundland, a few takeaways like 25 minutes walk to a 24 hour Tesco

Then places £65 a week including everything, not much difference in room size its personal preference (I prefer the area same distance to main campus but its 10 minutes less to other campus)

A few minutes less to town and much nicer and probably safer route (the 1st place means going through the nightclub area of town which is bad at weekends)

There is more student properties in area 1, as its a area where traditionally was first time buyers so became popular with BTL landlords when the other area is almost all homeowners and much prettier i.e victorian properties around it, cobblestone streets(I assume thats the word i.e look like bricks) some hotels and a beautiful church around corner etc.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You may get a better response if you say which town/city this refers to.
  • mrxry
    mrxry Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I purposely did not mention it in part as I don't like people knowing where I live and also I wasn't looking at it in terms of the town, I lived there years back so know the area well it was more purely in terms of liking the property and the part of town I live in.

And in terms of if I like a area a little more is it worth paying like £10 a week more if its just a bit of eye candy.

And if I get somewhere that I have to share utility bills will that be better long term than all inclusive again if its £15 a week more for a inclusive place that may work ok in winter but rest of year be wasted if lets say I only pay £8 a week electric.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure