Asked for CCA - they want more details. Help!

Options
Hi,

I have asked for a CCA using the letter "I do not acknowledge ANY debt....." and inlcuded £1 Postal Order.

I have tried looking for previous posts for advice but cant seem to locate any.

They have written back to me asking me to supply as many previous addresses as I can. Do I have to do anything else? Or Can I just sit out the 12+2+30 days and send the second letter????? Does it look like they haven't got the CCA?

The company is Thames Credit (part of Aktiv Capital).

Many Many Thanks !!!!!

Pablo

Comments

• immoral_angeluk
    Options
    It's up to them to prove you owe the debt and not the other way around... don't give them anything until they've sent you the CCA. IF they don't supply it within 14 days then they can't do jack.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Its their responsibility to prove you owe the money. Not yours!

They can do nothing LAWFULLY in chasing the debt until they have sent you the CCA. This means they can still ask, but cannot take you to court.

Do nothing and just send them the second letter when its time is due. At the end of the day, the actual CCA will have the "address" on it, and they can cross check this with your credit file and other stuff anyway. So let them do the legwork.
  • uncle_pablo
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!!!!:T

Ive got the second letter primed and ready to go after the 12+2+30!

Many Many Many Thanks again!

Pablo
  • uncle_pablo
    Options
    Sorry - one more question. When does the clock start ticking for the 12+2 Days? Is it from when you sent the letter or from when they receive it?
  • Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry - one more question. When does the clock start ticking for the 12+2 Days? Is it from when you sent the letter or from when they receive it?

From the date they received it. make sure you keep that proof of posting receipt ;)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • uncle_pablo
    Options
    Crown wrote: »
    From the date they received it. make sure you keep that proof of posting receipt ;)

yep got all that - even photocopied the postal order.;)

Thanks Guys - youre all a great help!

Will keep you posted.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems strange that they managed to find your current address and link it with the 'alleged debt', yet are now asking YOU for information because they are unsure.

They're a strange lot in Debt Collection. :confused:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • uncle_pablo
    Options
    rog2 wrote: »
    Seems strange that they managed to find your current address and link it with the 'alleged debt', yet are now asking YOU for information because they are unsure.

They're a strange lot in Debt Collection. :confused:

Hmmmmm the breed of the Debt Collector - an enigma.......:D
  • tinalives
    Options
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What letter have you recieved?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors