🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Very Account Balance

Options
Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I'm sure a few of you out there have a Very account. Has anyone else had any issues with the available balance that's shown?
I check my account regularly and I notice this amount goes down slightly a few times a month, normally a couple of pounds up to about 10 pounds. I get interest on a credit account but shouldn't this be done once a month when the new statement is generated?

Also is there any way to tell what the money you've paid is actually covering?
Had a Buy Now Pay Later on there (hindsight shows this is probably a silly idea) and even if some months I've paid about £300 off my account yet they're saying that I haven't paid a penny of the item in a year?

Anyone disputed this and had much luck?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd guess it because as interest is added through the month, the available balance goes down.

Your statement or agreement will tell you how your payments are allocated.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree the website appears set up to confuse you and to make you not know how much you owe.

However on the BNPL I think you need to go to the BNPL section and pay them off there, the normal payment does not count (even if you put it into credit).

They want you to forget about it and then charge you the interest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport