BT Sport & Cancelling DD

Options
What affect will it have on my credit report?

Some info, I rang two months ago, gave 30 days notice, was told my final bill would be March 13th and services termintated from then on and that I would get a letter confirming cancellation.

Billed me again April 13th, rang them, ever so sorry, something technical must have glitched, I promise we'll cancel your account that will be the last payment and you'll get a letter confirming.

May 14th I have been billed again for an extra month so it doesnt seem like they have cacelled my account at all and have carried on.

If I cancel my direct debit, are they going to report me for failure to pay on my credit report even though they say my last bill should have been March 13th?

I appreciate I will need to jump through hoops on the phone again, I dont really want the stress of it again, trying to talk me into keeping a service I no longer watch, however surely they are in the wrong for not cancelling my service?

Please note it is just BT Sport, I have no other BT services at my property.

Thanks.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    yes, it can affect your credit rating

ring the BT contact number

0800 800 150

and state "complaint" when the automated voice asks what you are calling about today

Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rating / Score I'm not concerned about I dont want a load of reds when it is not my fault.

Okay, thank you for that, I will call again...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had similar problem with BT; closed account and cancelled direct debit. To my annoyance, two months later, direct debit taken out. Got the bank to cancel it in time, appears BT had reinstated direct debit by pretending I was a new customer. Even lady at bank was amazed..seems BT and SKY are the worst.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure