Debenhams/New Look store cards and Genworth

Options
Hi guys I am after some advice
Back in 2014 I tried to claim miss selling PPi from Santander for Debenhams and New look cards, I had the generic fob off letter, I then tried to go through Genworth, who also refused my claim, my question is can try and claim again through New Day as they have now taken over or can I ask Genworth to look at my claim again?

It is ludicrous that they are getting away without having to pay out and I know for a fact that santander they lied on their response as they said that I took the Debenhams card out over the phone when I know for a fact that I took it out in the store at xmas time.

If there is nothing I can do then fair enough but I though I would post on here in the hope that I can ask again.
Thankou in advance
Sammy
gave up smoking 07/01/09 :j:j:j

Comments

• Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you can ask either the FOS (Ombudsman) or Genworth (the underwriter) to look at the matter, especially as the latter have taken on the historic liability for Debenhams, DP, Burtons etc store cards and are currently paying out to those reclaiming PPI plus interest from the then Arcadia group store cards from around 2000 and earlier.

See my other post or Google 'mirror 1990s store cards' for the Genworth address.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • samanthag
    samanthag Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I still go to the ombudsman even though it has been over 6 months?

The reason I didn't go to them originally was that they were not regulated so was told not to bother but people seem to be being paid out now going down that route
    Thanks
    gave up smoking 07/01/09 :j:j:j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    samanthag wrote: »
    Can I still go to the ombudsman even though it has been over 6 months?
    No. Not after six months have elapsed.
    If the provider was not regulated, the Ombudsman has no jurisdiction anyhow..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure