We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Paying off car finance with credit card
Sazzy87
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hi
I'm looking for some advice on paying off my car finance as I’m currently paying monthly and coming to the end of the PCP with a balloon payment of £3,800 due in July 2016. I originally opted for PCP as I'd planned to change the car every three years but my situation has changed now and I no longer need a car.
I can't hand the car back as I’ve gone way over the mileage so my only option is to buy it and then sell it on. My plan was to use my credit card and cash to cover the outstanding amount.
Questions:
1. Will the finance company accept payment on a credit card?
2. As my credit card limit is £3,400 will they accept a cash payment alongside this?
3. If the above is not an option will i have to get a loan?
Any help would be appreciated as I’m pretty clueless!!
Thanks
I'm looking for some advice on paying off my car finance as I’m currently paying monthly and coming to the end of the PCP with a balloon payment of £3,800 due in July 2016. I originally opted for PCP as I'd planned to change the car every three years but my situation has changed now and I no longer need a car.
I can't hand the car back as I’ve gone way over the mileage so my only option is to buy it and then sell it on. My plan was to use my credit card and cash to cover the outstanding amount.
Questions:
1. Will the finance company accept payment on a credit card?
2. As my credit card limit is £3,400 will they accept a cash payment alongside this?
3. If the above is not an option will i have to get a loan?
Any help would be appreciated as I’m pretty clueless!!
Thanks
0
Comments
-
1. Possibly (is the best answer anyone here can give!). Why not ring them and ask?
2. Why wouldn't they?
3. No. You could try applying for a money transfer credit card...
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cut-loan-overdraft-costs0 -
Which finance company?
I know Ford does not accept credit card payments.0 -
Depending on your credit card you may already have a money transfer offer. Barclaycard send them out regularly to many of their cardholders, for instance.
If you do take a 0% money transfer offer dont then use the card as well until you have paid it off. So if you only have one card you might want to apply for another anyway.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards