Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

MSE News: Warning: Car insurance up 20% and more to come. Check NOW if you can LOCK I

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
3 replies 1.4K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
And that's even if you're not at renewal...
Read the full story:
'Warning: Car insurance up 20% and more to come. Check NOW if you can LOCK IN cheap'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• chinychiny Forumite
    180 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    Difficult to argue with the might of the AA and the ABI but rapidly rising car insurance costs have not been my experience for many years; quite the reverse, I experience slowly falling prices. I'm away from my records right now but recall that Mrs Chiny paid £98 a few weeks ago, down from £105 previously and (struggling a bit) perhaps £135 ish a few years back.

Of course, one half-example proves absolutely nothing, so I will carry on wondering whether the AA and the ABI have an interest in prices rising. Or maybe my MSE skills are very finely honed ��
  • youth_leaderyouth_leader Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Stoptober Survivor
    ✭✭✭
    Hello - my husband died yesterday, and my daughter is expecting him to collect her and all of her things from Leeds at the weekend.

My car insurance is due for renewal on 28 May and I have just phoned and asked to put my 22 year old son on for a week - they have refused. He has his own little Corsa car, I have a Nissan X trail.

Apparently if I bring my insurance renewal date forward a company called Sabre will allow me to put him on .... for £364.00 per month.

How crackers is the insurance business now?

I don't know what to do. I'm too scared of motorway driving to do it myself, this is awful.
    £216 saved 24 October 2014
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See if another trusted and more mature friend/relative can do the trip and get on your insurance (or use their own vehicle)
This discussion has been closed.