WTC Question

My partner has been working 36 hours per week and i am unemployed looking after our daughter, she has now had her hours cut, due to the introduction of the national living wage, they passed the hours on to a worker under 25.

She now works 27 hours per week my question is will we still get working tax credits based on 27 hours per week or will they stop altogether?.

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    What age is your child?
  • What age is your child?

3 years old
  • Darksparkle
    WTC will continue as a couple with children are required to work 24hrs between them but she will lose the 30hr element.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My partner has been working 36 hours per week and i am unemployed looking after our daughter, she has now had her hours cut, due to the introduction of the national living wage, they passed the hours on to a worker under 25.

She now works 27 hours per week my question is will we still get working tax credits based on 27 hours per week or will they stop altogether?.

I suggest your partner takes her contract to CAB and ask them if her employer is allowed to cut her working hours like this.

There is also the possibility (if you are correct in your assumptions that this is being done because of the Living Wage) that the employer is not acting correctly.

Seek some advice.
  • WTC will continue as a couple with children are required to work 24hrs between them but she will lose the 30hr element.

Many thanks for the quick response, yes i understood that we would lose the 30hr element, but what your saying is even tho im not working because my partner is working over 24hrs per week (27hrs) we will still qualify for some WTC? is this correct?.
  • Darksparkle
    Many thanks for the quick response, yes i understood that we would lose the 30hr element, but what your saying is even tho im not working because my partner is working over 24hrs per week (27hrs) we will still qualify for some WTC? is this correct?.

Yes. . . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport