Success with historical PPI claim with Welcome Finance

Just wanted to share my good news that I have today received word from the underwriters (Aviva) that they are upholding my claim for a loan taken out in 2001. They are awarding £4,789 back! I am in utter shock as due to the age of the loan I thought it was a lost cause and even if it wasn't I thought the amount I would get back was minimal. I am so happy and just wanted to share my success. I did this myself. Paid for the paperwork (£10) and made a further phone call to the underwriters. 3 months later and I receive this wonderful email :)

Thank you to this forum or I never would have made the claim as didn't even know where to start.

Comments

• Jules*43
    Jules*43 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Hi well done on your success. Did I see you on another post say this was a welcome loan? Just out of interest did you complain to welcome first or go straight to aviva? My loan with welcome was 2004 should I send to them first? Any advice appreciated. Thanks x
    1P Challenge #1 £1.71/£667.95 :o:o
  • jellie
    jellie Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Jules*43 wrote: »
    Hi well done on your success. Did I see you on another post say this was a welcome loan? Just out of interest did you complain to welcome first or go straight to aviva? My loan with welcome was 2004 should I send to them first? Any advice appreciated. Thanks x

Welcome have responsibility for complaints for PPI taken out after February 2003. The underwriters only dealt with the OP's complaint because it was taken out prior to that date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure