Am I going about this the right way ?

Hi

I'm just looking for advice on my next steps please

I currently receive pip - standard
I was turned down for mobility - missed by 2 points

In Feb I had an operation which means I now have a Illzaro frame fixed on my ankle, making everything very difficult and lot of things impossible without help. My frame will be on until at least July and then I will need intensive physio to repair the muscle damage from the frame etc. When recovered I need the other ankle operating on.

Prior to my operation I went to a local community association where I gave my permission for a gentleman to write to the DWP for me to explain my change in circumstances and get the ball rolling.
DWP received his letter on 5th Feb, and I am still waiting for the forms to be sent out, I ring up every week to be told exactly the same thing - the person working on your case has signed it off and the forms should be out to you in the next post. I'm starting to get very frustrated now as I thought that the waiting period would be from when they received my forms but nearly 3 months down the line I still haven't got them to fill them in.

What direction do you suggest I take now please ?
Any help will be gratefully received.
2013 Goals [STRIKE]ipad[/STRIKE] , Australia holiday,[STRIKE] cash [/STRIKE]:D

Comments

• Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Write to the DWP making a formal complaint. Give them a very generous 28 days (or less as you've waited such an extraordinary length of time) to get the forms to you and on the 29th day contact your MP. Contacting MP's is done easily online. This situation is a great example of what your MP is for.

As always keep a copy of the letter and send signed for. My advice is not to phone again but put everything in writing - you've wasted enough time and money on calls for them simply to be ignored.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure