DRO lloyds address question

Hi,

My DRO has been approved. I am in the early stages of my moratorium period. I have received letters acknowledging the DRO from 2/3 creditors.

I have three debts with LLoyds - credit card - overdraft (former current a/c) and Loan. I have not received any letters acknowledging the DRO and continue to receive statements for each of these accounts with Lloyds and my online account for the c/c and current a/c have not been closed.

It may be I put down the Head Office address for Lloyds when applying . I was reading that the Customer Services address should be used for getting credit file sorted later. Should I have put down this address instead of HO address when applying for DRO with creditor a/c information or will the IR/OR have sent the DRO notification to the correct address for each of these debts with Lloyds?

It may be they are just taking a little longer to adjust my accounts;), but would you normally expect to have a notification of acknowledgment about a DRO from all creditors concerned?

Or do I need to get the address adjusted and request another notice to this creditor to be sent out or for me to contact them regarding my DRO?

Thanks Simplyme

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

The address you used wouldn't be an issue with a large creditor like Lloyds as the Insolvency Service will write to them at a standard contact address anyway. Not all creditors will acknowledge your DRO in writing and some might still send statements, so I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I can be a little less diplomatic than James.

Lloyds are notoriously incompetent but they do get the message eventually.

They are allowed to send statements during the moratorium but not demand payment. If they do, return the letter with your DRO number on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure