Delay Repay Declined... again and again and again

Options
Krash420
Krash420 Posts: 151 Forumite
edited 19 April 2016 at 10:10PM in Public transport & cycling
Requested a Delay Repay Refund from Thameslink Railway.

So far I have received 10 emails telling me my claim has been declined. I'm fine with it being declined, but I'm not so happy with receiving an email everyone 6 and a half minutes (without fail) to be told about it. It started over an hour ago, hence I'm up to 10 emails now.

Anyone experienced this before, anyone know how I can stop them from sending me an email about the same thing again and again.

Using the contact us page to let them know just gets me a "we'll get back to you in 20 days", given that it's taken them over 20 days to get back to me on the claim, I'm not sure I want over a 100 emails from them telling me that my claim has been declined in the meantime.

Comments

• gazapc
    gazapc Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Contact via their twitter social media feed? I've found other operators to be very responsive (i pretty much only use Twitter for train companies!)
  • Krash420
    Krash420 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    Good idea, I've dusted off my Twitter account to do just that. Much appreciated for the advice, hopefully they'll get back to me. In the end I had 27 emails from them, thankfully it stopped around midnight, but surely if 2 is too many, 27 is a boatload full!
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I find that Southeastern are pretty good on Delay Repay but the one time that I claimed on Southern (part of the same group as Thameslink, I believe) they were appalling. My delay was early November and I applied for a refund the following day.

I am quite certain that I gave them the full details but a week later they emailed me to say that they needed my Oyster statement. I had started a six week holiday by this time but a few emails went back and forth and I re-sent them all of the required details once I was home towards the end of December. A week or two later they replied that my Oyster card had expired but the claim was on a contactless card so that was irrelevant. Back went all of the details again.

A month later I sent a reminder that I was still waiting. I finally got my refund in March. It was only about £6 or £7 but that wasn't really the point. They're blooming hopeless.
    I hate verisimilitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport