PaidPeople.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Expat2016
    Options
    Don't pay anything upfront. As I mentioned in one of my other threads, you can use peopleperhour instead. It's free to join, you can set your own prices and the site gets a lot of traffic. So if you're looking to freelance online then I would suggest starting there.

Others you might want to check out would be fiverr (ok for quick and easy small jobs), freelancer and upwork.
  • Deb48
    Deb48 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thought I'd register and got as far as phoning for activation code.....4 minutes in when the girl on the other end of the phone kept talking I started to smell a rat. I then noticed I was being charged £2.50 per minute, so I told her I was terminating the call. That's £10.00 of my money I won't get back and a lesson leaned!

What sharks and can't believe I fell for it that easily.:mad:
  • Niko92
    Options
    I WISH I'D OF RESEARCHED THE COMPANY FIRST. I DIDN'T GIVE ANY JOINING FEE BUT I CALLED THE NUMBER FOR ACTIVATION CODE (09131240150) AND NOW I HAVE £30 ADDED TO MY BILL. I'VE SENT EMAILS AND NOTHING BACK. I'M ANNOYED WITH MYSELF FOR BEING SO DUMB. :mad: :(:o
  • Expat2016
    Options
    I would like to add an update to my previous comment.... I would stay away from Peopleperhour.com. I started using them for a while and everything seemed to go fine until I came to withdraw funds... They ask for all sorts of ID and documents, and still never seem to want to release the funds. So tread carefully.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Expat2016 wrote: »
    I would like to add an update to my previous comment.... I would stay away from Peopleperhour.com. I started using them for a while and everything seemed to go fine until I came to withdraw funds... They ask for all sorts of ID and documents, and still never seem to want to release the funds. So tread carefully.

They do request bits of ID but when I used PPH I earnt a good couple of thousand whilst I was job seeking....
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They have to request that kind of stuff depending on their interpretation of money laundering and other such laws.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • michael1234
    Options
    I find it shocking that such companies can possibly legally operate such shoddy business practices in 2017. For me it makes it much worse that they are preying on many who may be financially vulnerable.
    Apart from all that, their terms and conditions state that should you reverse payment (presumably by credit card chargeback etc) they reserve the right not only to pursue that through the courts but to add an additional admin on top!
    The only good news is that someone who can happily con so many people will one day be tracked down by someone who is very angry and very happy to exact revenge.
  • Bizee_Bee
    Bizee_Bee Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Deb48 wrote: »
    Thought I'd register and got as far as phoning for activation code.....4 minutes in when the girl on the other end of the phone kept talking I started to smell a rat. I then noticed I was being charged £2.50 per minute, so I told her I was terminating the call. That's £10.00 of my money I won't get back and a lesson leaned!

What sharks and can't believe I fell for it that easily.:mad:

Wish I had your savvy! It was only when my phone came up with "you have reached your credit limit" that I realised I should have cut my losses sooner. FOURTEEN MINUTES ..... £29.50 the b*st*rds have cost me!!!!! I could cry. Really. I am so skint, and now next week's shopping money has gone too. Gutted.
    "If you don't change today, your tomorrows will be like your yesterdays"

• Bizee_Bee
    Bizee_Bee Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    I find it shocking that such companies can possibly legally operate such shoddy business practices in 2017. For me it makes it much worse that they are preying on many who may be financially vulnerable.
    Apart from all that, their terms and conditions state that should you reverse payment (presumably by credit card chargeback etc) they reserve the right not only to pursue that through the courts but to add an additional admin on top!
    The only good news is that someone who can happily con so many people will one day be tracked down by someone who is very angry and very happy to exact revenge.

Please Lord .... let it be me. Evil b*st*rds.
    "If you don't change today, your tomorrows will be like your yesterdays"

• Ghj
    Ghj Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I wa charged just under £40 for a 14 minute call to get the activation code. It didn't clearly state anywhere the length of phone call or the cost. How can I get this £40 phone charge refunded? Any ideas? I have emailed the company but no response
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure