IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from parking legitimately in Homebase

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Stripe1131 wrote: »
    Just wondering, is it normal to have a company run a car park and then receive letters from another company? In this case its apparently Versatile Parking that runs Homebase carpark but I'm receiving demands from CEL. Are these one of the same?
    Think so, yes.

Good to know this is now to be cancelled. Make sure you get that by email in writing because CEL do sometimes sue people and in some cases I seem to recall they have proceeded with cases that people 'thought' were cancelled. So get tangible email proof.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Stripe1131 wrote: »
    Just wondering, is it normal to have a company run a car park and then receive letters from another company? In this case its apparently Versatile Parking that runs Homebase carpark but I'm receiving demands from CEL. Are these one of the same?

at the time of your incident CEL were looking after the car park ,

versatile parking although formed back in 2012 did not become a member of a trade assoc until 14/01/2016

they might well NOW look after the car parks , but last year it was CEL , and the Homebase boss should contact CEL not versatile , as its got nothing to do with them
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Stripe1131
    Stripe1131 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hello guys....a quick update. After CC'ing the MD on the customer service emails they promised to deal with it and get it cancelled. I emailed them three times on separate occasions to ask if had been dealt with but had no response. Today I have received a letter from Wright Hassell Solicitors (isn't it just!) saying that if we don't pay up the £236.00 then we will get a CCJ!! What do we do now? Pay up? I have emailed Homebase again including the MD, asking for them to contact me ASAP and tell me why they have sorted it when they promised to. We have just had a baby (3 weeks ago), who spent 2 of those weeks ill in hospital so to say we are already at the end of our tether is an understatement!!
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the day that WH can ISSUE a CCJ for a parking offence is the day I will show my %ss on the townhall steps !

only a court can issue a CCJ AFTER you have been found guilty of the charge and not paid within 28 days

start printing out ALL your correspondence , including the fact that the MD does not even know the parking Co he employs and the ones where he has offered to get it cancelled.

you COULD write back to WH , telling them to "do one" as a cancelation was requested and authorised several weeks/mths ago ,

but why bother?

return ONLY if you get a clear LETTER BEFORE COURT ACTION from those muppets
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Stripe1131
    Stripe1131 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Pappa Golf. I am furious as I have received another email today (must have been because I copied the MD back in) asking me if I'd made any purchases and if I had to take receipts to the store where they'd deal with it. If they had read my previous emails they would have seen all my attachments with the receipts. Plus they had already promised me that the Kings Heath branch manager was dealing with it! Now it seems noone knows what is going on.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your parking fine .

When you parked in the car park at Homebase did you buy anything if you did please go to the store with your receipt and they will help you deal with this .

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at order.enquiries@homebase.co.uk or call us on 0345 600 2420.

Regards,

Jacqueline Palin
    Homebase E-Commerce Customer Service Team
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Homebase , now owned by the auzzies ,

I feel sorry for you

keep copies , perhaps print out your email with attachments and humour them in your lunch hour

stay calm
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP
    You should check out the planning applications for the site; there's a good chance no advertising consent has been granted for the signs.
  • Stravinsky
    Options
    I know its an old thread, but I'm going through a legal battle with CEL at the moment. I'm guessing the car park mentioned is in Kings Heath Birmingham .... Ive just been there. Even the staff at the local shops are fed up with CEL. The signs up there are a bit like a cartoon joke picture and they are done in a light pastel colour so as not to notice.
    Ive shopped at Homebase and Ive been a member of EasyGym. They took action against me a year after the alleged offence, but havent notified me of anything at any time. So I end up with a CCJ (which is now overturned) without my knowledge.

Ive now got to fight the original offence, as I still have no idea of the details whatsoever - CEL dont talk to you or communicate in any way at all.

They are running a numbers game. The more claims they make the better they are. Theres been a newspaper article about it recently

If anyone ends up in the same situation I'm happy to share what I know.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Stravinsky wrote: »
    I know its an old thread, but I'm going through a legal battle with CEL at the moment. I'm guessing the car park mentioned is in Kings Heath Birmingham .... Ive just been there. Even the staff at the local shops are fed up with CEL. The signs up there are a bit like a cartoon joke picture and they are done in a light pastel colour so as not to notice.

Ive shopped at Homebase and Ive been a member of EasyGym. They took action against me a year after the alleged offence, but havent notified me of anything at any time. So I end up with a CCJ (which is now overturned) without my knowledge.

Ive now got to fight the original offence, as I still have no idea of the details whatsoever - CEL dont talk to you or communicate in any way at all.

They are running a numbers game. The more claims they make the better they are. There's been a newspaper article about it recently

If anyone ends up in the same situation I'm happy to share what I know.

Please do start a new thread if you haven't already.

Glad to hear you got a set aside, as others here have done too. Do you need advice from us, if so start that new thread. I hope you've never said who was driving because CEL have no case against a keeper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stravinsky
    Options
    Sure, I'll be pleased to start a new thread :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure