MSE News: Primark voted ‘most loathed’ retailer as Aldi tops the list for ‘most loved

124»

Comments

• A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,846
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Archie_Jnr wrote: »
    I've always understood the etiquette in European discount supermarkets is to move everything into a trolley or basket and pack it in bags on the surfaces the other side of the tills. Makes the tills move a lot faster. Have noticed they point it out quite often if someone starts packing in the queue.

I simply put it back in the trolley as they scan it, take the trolley to the car, where I load it into the cool box or bags, as required.

Change just worries some people, I suppose.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    A._Badger wrote: »
    You still haven't explained why you are singling Aldi out for this venom when so many other supermarkets employ similar companies and do exactly the same things.

This thread is about ALDI topping the list. It is therefore entirely reasonable that attention would be called to their questionable car parking contractor.

Other supermarkets do not "do exactly the same things." Not once have I visited a Tesco car park and been sent threats by post purely for visiting Tesco and parking in the Tesco car park.

The fact is that it is in Parking Eye's interest to "lose" (just a technical error of course) registration numbers that ALDI enter into the in-store terminals, causing PCNs to be sent out. When I queried this on more than one occasion in the ALDI store I was joined by other customers with similar queries.

Parking Eye administers the terminals. Parking Eye administers the ANPR cameras. Parking Eye administers the "appeal" (which is inevitably rejected). A reasonable individual would recognise the conflict of interest.
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,846
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Then it is quite clear that your singular experience must be highly unusual, otherwise Aldi would not have so many happy customers willing to vote for it.

It still sounds to me like you've got a bee in your bonnet.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Only one of the Aldis round here have limited time parking, I have never been fleeced for parking I just park across the road.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport