HOme visits

Hi

Last year after a 13 month wait and attending a meeting at a centre I was awarded PIP.

I have today received a visit advising me that I will be receiving a home visit next week to access my needs.

Is this normal? my award does not run out until December but I am 65 in October..

Are Athos getting it wrong again?

thanks

Ian

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This sounds like a PIP renewal which can be done up to a year before the actual renewal date.

Did you receive a letter that your PIP was going to be reviewed? Did you complete a form and send evidence?

If you have done this then they have made the decision to do the assessment at home.

Are you happy with the home visit or would you prefer to go to the assessment centre?

PS

You age will not make any difference. You will continue to be allowed to claim PIP since you claimed it originally before the 'cut off' age.
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 641 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    They reassessed my mum just before her 65th Birthday even though nothing had changed and she wasn't due renewal for a few years.

I assumed it was to make sure everything is correct before the claimants Birthday came as DLA continues after 5 if previously claiming but past that magic age new claims have to be for attendance allowance .

I hope everything goes smoothly
  • jen0dorf
    jen0dorf Posts: 91 Forumite
    Hi

does this mean that you cannot get attendance allowance if you get PIP? I ask because I've been advised to apply for Attendance Allowance by CAB

cheers

Ian
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    jen0dorf wrote: »
    Hi

does this mean that you cannot get attendance allowance if you get PIP? I ask because I've been advised to apply for Attendance Allowance by CAB

cheers

Ian

If you are already receiving PIP then no you can't claim AA and are better staying on PIP as AA doesn't have a mobility component. You can't claim both.

Many have been wrongly advised and lost out.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • jen0dorf
    jen0dorf Posts: 91 Forumite
    Hi

many many thanks I was going to apply but wont now as I have pip

many thanks

Ian
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing