IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Brent Council PCN

Options
I have just received a PCN from Brent Council for a Code 53 offence-Failing to comply with a restriction on vehicles entering a pedestrian zone.
The date of this offence was back on Sunday 10/1/16 at 13:44, this is nearly 3months ago and was captured by a road side cctv camera in High Street Harlesden. This happened after I just picked up the car from cargiant and was driving home.

I have just looked at the appeal page of Brent and it seems that an appeal has already been made by the cargiant I guess and so it seems I cannot appeal against.
I was going to contest it on two things. One the time it has taken them to issue the PCN to me and two, that signage was unclear at the time. They have plenty of pictures of me and a picture of a clock showing time of offence but no pictures of the restrictions sign supposedly in force at the time.
Am I out of luck in trying to appeal?
I have read somewhere there is a 28 day time limit in which the council should issue the PCN.

Thanks
ubdai

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please post this over on pepipoo forums where the council penalty charge experts can answer you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, post here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

I believe as the Council had to write to Car Giant first then they have reason for the delay.

That should not mean you cannot appeal it and win it though. Ask the posters there, show them all pages of that PCN, all the small print except your name/ID/VRN and the PCN number. Do not post a topic on pepipoo without pictures of the PCN!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure