MSE News: O2 Priority customers 'gutted' as company closes multiple £1 meal deal loop

edited 13 April 2016 at 3:10PM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
17 replies 3.3K views
2»

Replies

• jenniewbjenniewb Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prowla wrote: »
    Erm, I never knew it was a loophole - I thought they were genuinely separate offers. I was going to WH Smiths and getting one day's lunch and Boots to get the next. There was nothing at all in the offer which said you should only take one of the offers.

It's still worth it for just one day though.

I think what people are taking issue with is using the Boots offer 4 times in one day, not using one offer one day and then another the next or even three or more different offers in one day.

Some how from what I understand people were using the same offer code to claim 4 Boots lunches on the same day from 4 different Boots stores or till points of whatever.

I can understand people trying to outsmart the offers but when it means others lose out as there are no lunches left you have to think about the way they justify doing this to themselves; not everyone is given an early lunch 'hour' to get out to Boots when they're at work.
  • edinburgheredinburgher Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So another offer where a greedy few have been taking advantage in a manner that is clearly not in the intended spirit of an offer. Reminds me of the 'helpful' people who spot ridiculously cheap deals on HUDK at a single supermarket, clear the entire shelf and *then* post ;)
  • prowlaprowla Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jenniewb wrote: »
    I think what people are taking issue with is using the Boots offer 4 times in one day, not using one offer one day and then another the next or even three or more different offers in one day.

Some how from what I understand people were using the same offer code to claim 4 Boots lunches on the same day from 4 different Boots stores or till points of whatever.

I can understand people trying to outsmart the offers but when it means others lose out as there are no lunches left you have to think about the way they justify doing this to themselves; not everyone is given an early lunch 'hour' to get out to Boots when they're at work.
    How could you use the offer repeatedly - it expires after a few minutes?
    Similarly, you couldn't use it over multiple days, as it was only valid on the Monday.
  • prowlaprowla Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thebigbosh wrote: »
    Android countdown bug still works :)
    Ah - I see.
  • tgroom57tgroom57 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    This would have made an interesting "moral dilemma" for the weekly newsletter.
    I do wish the Op would set up a poll for this, and I take issue with the implication that O2 customers in general are "gutted" about this. I'm not, although I did suspect you could get the offer from each retailer on the same day.

• edited 23 April 2016 at 9:00PM
    tgroom57tgroom57 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23 April 2016 at 9:00PM
    Update: please advise which board I should mention this bit on-

I have just been checking the t&cs for Boots fruit bag treat (for another reason).
    The t&cs say that the fruit bag cannot be redeemed with the Boots Meal Deal offer, and my fruit bag offer is inexplicably expired this week, even though I only had the Meal Deal. (I'm not explaining this twice, so keep up).
    I've queried this with O2 and am waiting a thorough reply. Until then I believe there is a chance that if you get the fruit bag Monday morning, you won't get offered the Meal Deal at lunchtime.

Update: O2 replied- Hi , it means that This offer cannot be redeemed in conjunction with the meal deal. This would be different to the £1 lunch offer.
    phew

• prowlaprowla Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the meal deal and fruit bag last Monday.
    However, the fruit bag really isn't worth much, in all honesty.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals