MSE News: O2 Priority customers 'gutted' as company closes multiple £1 meal deal loop

Options
Legacy_user
Legacy_user Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 13 April 2016 at 3:10PM in Discount codes & vouchers
O2 has closed a loophole in its Priority app that meant customers were able to purchase multiple £1 meal deals...
Read the full story:
'O2 Priority customers 'gutted' as company closes multiple £1 meal deal loophole '
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Doubledrop
    Doubledrop Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Good! The offer is for an O2 account holder to get a £1.00 lunch which in itself is a great offer. It's very greedy to go claim 4 £1.00 lunches and doing stuff like that just ruins it for people who follow the rules and claim one lunch.
  • fromtheshires
    Options
    Doubledrop wrote: »
    Good! The offer is for an O2 account holder to get a £1.00 lunch which in itself is a great offer. It's very greedy to go claim 4 £1.00 lunches and doing stuff like that just ruins it for people who follow the rules and claim one lunch.

Whilst I agree with you about it being greedy having 4 lunches (who needs that much food to eat at lunch) you have to remember to hate the game not the player as this is a money saving website after all. If they have a loophole that can be exploited then that's the fault of the company.
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Whilst I agree with you about it being greedy having 4 lunches (who needs that much food to eat at lunch) you have to remember to hate the game not the player as this is a money saving website after all. If they have a loophole that can be exploited then that's the fault of the company.

Exactly. No doubt same people who used this loophole also moan at companies like google and facebook, or camerons' mum.
  • thebigbosh
    thebigbosh Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Android countdown bug still works :)
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,004 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So continue to partake of this do we need multiple phones or only multiple sims?
    I think....
  • VT82
    VT82 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm just glad Boots is still there. I heard a rumour they were withdrawing from it - that would have been worse news for me than the end of this loophole (which I feel the need to stress I never used).
  • chocaholicmanc
    Options
    Whist this is a money saving website, it's still very greedy to claim 4 £1 lunches just because you can. Perhaps it could be condoned if the additional lunches were being donated to the homeless for example, but I'd guess the majority of people didn't do that.

One lunch (at whatever cost) is more than enough in most cases.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,004 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whist this is a money saving website, it's still very greedy to claim 4 £1 lunches just because you can. Perhaps it could be condoned if the additional lunches were being donated to the homeless for example, but I'd guess the majority of people didn't do that.

One lunch (at whatever cost) is more than enough in most cases.

The lunches have different use by dates, the WH Smith pasta sometimes has use by as far ahead as the Friday, the Boots Sandwiches usually 3 days. I would eat the upper crust baguette on Monday, the Cafe Ritazza sandwich on Tuesday, the boots sandwich on Wednesday and the wh smith pasta on Thursday - and give the drinks and crisps to the DW/DKs Back to making pack lunch now - even cheaper as no unwanted drink/crisps required.

Or of course I might try something with multiple sims/phones ;)
    I think....
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    All I can say, 'Abuse it and you will lose it'.

Blame the people who took the pee out of the offer.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Erm, I never knew it was a loophole - I thought they were genuinely separate offers. I was going to WH Smiths and getting one day's lunch and Boots to get the next. There was nothing at all in the offer which said you should only take one of the offers.

It's still worth it for just one day though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure