Time in WRAG over (ESA)

Options
I have received a letter yesterday from the jobcentre informing me i have an interview with them on the 25th of april because my time in the "work program" has been completed.

Now that my time is over with the WRAG, will i lose the the extra money for being on this program? a loss of £30 a week - £120 a month, will be detrimental to my life (rent. C tax, gas, electric, water payments etc. ) and it is currently pretty tough right now as it is, but i get by, just. But a drop in over £100 a month will put me in a big deficit, which will impact everything.

There are more details below of my circumstances for further insight.

I am currently on a college course ( plumbing ) which is 2 and a 1/2 days a week, assigned whilst in the WRAG. And even though this isnt ideal in regards of my medical condition (anxiety disorder, social anxiety and panic attacks ) i want to be proactive and beat that condition and build a solid skill based foundation for myself without rushing back into work before i'm ready. And this short week at college, coupled with the thought of a better future through education feels like medicine for the mind, and i can manage my anxieties whilst in this calm positive state of mind, but now i worry that my worries will cause me to panic more and more, and fear feeds fear and round and round i'll go until breaking point where i'll end up in a very dark place again. And even though i feel like i'm a stronger person than i was, i don't want to push myself just yet, as i had autumn in mind for coming off benefits and getting back into full time work as i will get my last qualification then hopefully, but 5 months at £100 less a month will possibly make me homeless, or get me into real debt.

What options do i have? could i get back onto the WRAG again and will i keep my current rate of money?

Thank you for your replies in advance.

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    You're confusing two things very understandably. The work programme has a specific time and you have come to the end of that so have been referred back to the job centre.

Your ESA though will continue until such time as you are deemed not to meet the criteria when reassed .
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • starlord84
    starlord84 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    You're confusing two things very understandably. The work programme has a specific time and you have come to the end of that so have been referred back to the job centre.

Your ESA though will continue until such time as you are deemed not to meet the criteria when reassed .

I was on the standard £70 per week whilst just on ESA, and when i was assigned to the WRAG i received a £30 addition to my weekly money. Now that i have been sent back to the jobcentre whilst still on a course, it is unclear whether the additional money will be taken away.
  • Cube87
    Cube87 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The £70 a week rate was while you were waiting to be assessed for ESA, now you've qualified for ESA WRAG (passed the work medical assessment) your current rate is £100 a week, this rate of pay has nothing to do with being on the work programme (all the work programme ending means you will now only have appointments with the jobcentre, and most likely far less frequently than with the WP), you're still on ESA WRAG so you will continue getting the same amount of money.
  • starlord84
    starlord84 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Cube87 wrote: »
    The £70 a week rate was while you were waiting to be assessed for ESA, now you've qualified for ESA WRAG (passed the work medical assessment) your current rate is £100 a week, this rate of pay has nothing to do with being on the work programme (all the work programme ending means you will now only have appointments with the jobcentre, and most likely far less frequently than with the WP), you're still on ESA WRAG so you will continue getting the same amount of money.

I hope your right. Thank you.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,590 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    There was talk of the WRAG supplement being removed and only those in the Support Group getting additional payment. I don't know if that has been brought in and, if so, whether the change would affect current claimants.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    starlord84 wrote: »
    I was on the standard £70 per week whilst just on ESA, and when i was assigned to the WRAG i received a £30 addition to my weekly money. Now that i have been sent back to the jobcentre whilst still on a course, it is unclear whether the additional money will be taken away.
    As said you keep getting the full amount until assessed otherwise.
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    There was talk of the WRAG supplement being removed and only those in the Support Group getting additional payment. I don't know if that has been brought in and, if so, whether the change would affect current claimants.

It's for future claimants only.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport