IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Golders Green issued by Barnet Council

Options
Hi all,

You know when you're having a pretty garbage day and then you think it couldn't get any worse... Well this morning it did!

I would like to contest a PCN placed on to my car this morning at 11.26am and would like advice on if I should bother. The fine is £110 or £55 if paid in 14 days.

I had parked on the Finchley Road on a single yellow line with extremely confusing signage, there were plenty of spaces and I wouldn't have parked there if I thought I would have got a ticket. Please see the picture which I will upload next. Two restriction signs are directly next to each other with arrows pointing away from each other. One has a 7-10am restriction and the other 7-7pm. I couldn't decipher what it meant, but loads of other cars were parked around and I believed it to be okay. The colour quoted on my ticket is grey and the car is green. I also understand that to issue an 01 notice they have to wait for 5 minute period for non goods vehicles whereas the ticket states car spotted 11.26, ticket issued 11.27.

Will post a picture in the next post. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• jcj225
    jcj225 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    plxS9kURj
  • jcj225
    jcj225 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    plx8sSwTj

The other side of the road had different restrictions also.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,042 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 April 2016 at 8:32AM
    Options
    I don't really see what the confusion is with the signs, and the colour argument is not going to get you any where.

If that is your car with the ticket on on the photo, you should not park there between 7AM and 7PM Monday to Saturday, and you can't load either between 7AM and 10AM Monday to Friday.
    You can load at any time Saturday and Sunday and park all day Sunday.

You could however park after 10 AM Monday to Friday to the right of the sign but not load from 7-10AM, you can do what you like there Saturday and Sunday!

Grace periods don't apply to single or double yellow lines, permit only bays or drop kerbs.

However help is at hand if you get over to Pepipoo (the experts on real council tickets) who may find some other technicality you could use to fight this, but you will need to post both sides of your PCN
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure