Baby's vaccinations

Options
Hi

I have a 17 week old baby - she has had her first two lots of vaccinations at 8 and 12 weeks and was supposed to have her third today.

However the surgery has cancelled the appointment saying they don't have any vaccine available and re-booked for 2 weeks time.

By this point the last jabs will be nearly a month late. Does this matter in the grand scheme of things?

Has anyone else not had theirs on time? Probably worrying unnecessarily but would be good to hear others experiences...

Thanks

Comments

• Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing bad is going to happen to baby.

First time mum?
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It will be fine.
  • Kaye1
    Kaye1 Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    Because of various medical issues, my LO was about 3 months late with one lot. It was fine.
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Its perfectly normal to have them a little late.

Stop stressing.
  • cookiecrumbs
    Options
    No, not a first time mum but everything went smoothly with the other one so just checking.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if the dates for checks and vaccinations were actually fairly arbitrary.

I seem to remember that between DS1 and DS3 the dates for postnatal and baby checks were harmonised, simply to reduce the number of appointments. And then the timings for vaccinations were changed to increase the uptake - someone went "Aha! if we do this at the same time as that then all the people who do this will also do that, whereas atm about a quarter of those who do this never come back for that."
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't worry, lots of babies have to have their vaccinations postponed, either due to supply problems, clinics having no staff (happening more often lately :mad:) and even because they've been ill, if your baby is a bit snuffly, they often won't vaccinate until the baby is completely well again.

Parents go on holiday, or they forget appointments, it happens.

Your baby will be fine! :)
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family