E.ON Tariff Withdrawal

Options
2»

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ratsmum wrote: »
    I come late to this thread and have found it after a forum search, because I have had the same letter from Eon as Barnaby about changing my, 'outdated meter' and moving me from an RHT underfloor heating only tariff which suits me perfectly. The thing is, I don't have an outdated black meter from the 1970s - because the timer had a fault, I had a spanking new digital meter fitted in 2011 for the RHT tariff. The rest of my electricity consumption is metered separately on a regular 24h tariff.

My big worry about an Economy 10 meter is the timer: currently my RHT meter only operates for the allotted 14.5 hours and is off for the remaining time, therefore acting in effect as a timer for the heating system. As I understand it, E10 will continue to consume electricity at a normal rate outside the 10 hours economy tariff. This means my u/floor heating will effectively be ON 24/7 and my bills will rocket. Is there any way to set the new meter also to be off outside the 10 hours - or am I going to have to pay (probably a lot) for the installation of some separate u/floor heating timing system?

Good morning ratsmum,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've been gathering a bit more information for your specific post.

I think at the moment we're pausing offering a meter exchange to customers like yourself (14 hours or more off peak RHT) with your set up, we're looking at other options that would fit better with this system.

We do have a team dealing with the 'complex meter' exchanges and I've fed your post back to the people that are managing this.

Thank you.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure