IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Purchased car from dealer. I pick up the car 4 days later and find the windscreen

in Motoring
4 replies 844 views
Hello boys and girls,

This is my first post. I am in need of an advice. I purchased a car from a dealer in Leicester in January 2016. I could not drive away with it as the dealer still had to run some checks on it. 4 days later, I picked up the car and noticed that the windscreen was cracked. This damage was not present when I purchased it. The dealer acknowledged it happened while it was under their care. He said I could have it fixed and he would refund the costs. It' is now end of March and I am still chasing him for the refund.

I have called and emailed him many times. He answers to my calls and always gives an excuse. For instance, he was ill, he did not have the time, he needs to check with his accountant or the cheque is in the post.

What is the best way of dealing with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum