MBNA Credit Cards - How long to receive them?

Options
Anyone applied for an MBNA credit card recently?

From applying to receiving the card how long did it take?

Trying to work out if I have enough time to apply and get one for an upcoming purchase I would like to do at 0%

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pay_me wrote: »
    Anyone applied for an MBNA credit card recently?

From applying to receiving the card how long did it take?

Trying to work out if I have enough time to apply and get one for an upcoming purchase I would like to do at 0%

I applied yesterday and was accepted manually by the underwriters and advised my card would be with me by the 12 April. Also spoke to customer serviced today an account was open today with 0 percent on MT, BT and purchases until December 2017 and a fee for of 1.5 percent for money transfers.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have found them to be efficient over the years. once the account is open cards usually arrive in 2 to 4 working days.
    fwiw i would have thought they could be a good option for this purpose in terms of a provider that could provide a good limit. but they aren't the best around in terms of the length of their best 0% spending deal... All Round at 16months? add 10 months to that with Clydesdale/Yorkshire, for example.
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You usually receive the card within 5 days
  • Pay_me
    Pay_me Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for replying. I had hoped to have about 2 weeks to apply and get the new card. I was working on I needed maximum 7 months 0% to pay the debt at 50% of the payment I could afford each month (That was my buffer/contingency) in reality the debt would have probably been paid off within 3 months

The eligibility checker showed 100% pre-approval for the MBNA (subject to status and other factors etc) hence why I asked about that company.

However, things changed meaning I have had to confirm purchase today and pay in next few days. I will now use the money transfer offer from a current credit card I have at 0% for 12 months (1.9% fee) to cover it and then pay that off.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport