IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

VCS at a railway station - court claim papers received

Options
Hello all.

I have received court claim papers from VCS for an alleged parking terms and conditions contravention at a railway station.

I have read all the stickies, and I have also posted a thread over on pepipoo. I am bamboozled and do not know how to proceed. I have had some responses to my other thread but am still totally lost really. Ive been reading around too so my knowledge is growing but there are some specifics to my case I cannot get my head around.

I would really appreciate if I could have a private conversation with someone in the first instance because of posting certain information on the open forum.

I have done my court acknowledgement of service and ticked the box saying I intend to defend. This was last week.

Thanks
Dan

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi and welcome to the forum ....

please ... please be patient ....

the forum is busy at the mo .....

and remember it is staffed by volunteers ...

this is meant to keep your post up in view ......

Ralph:cool:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Sticky thread for NEWBIES has a bit about court, and the Parking-Prankster does a very cheap guide to court on his blog page.

Start searching here using keywords such as vcs, railway, court, and see what you find.

Did you appeal the original PCN? If so, did you appeal as keeper?

I'm not sure but VCS may be one of the parking scumpanies that sends out bulk mass produced court papers but doesn't turn up if they are defended. Your keyword search should find this if I am correct.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    I have also posted a thread over on pepipoo.
    Could you post a link to that thread, please?
  • danlightbulb
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    The Sticky thread for NEWBIES has a bit about court, and the Parking-Prankster does a very cheap guide to court on his blog page.

Start searching here using keywords such as vcs, railway, court, and see what you find.

Did you appeal the original PCN? If so, did you appeal as keeper?

I'm not sure but VCS may be one of the parking scumpanies that sends out bulk mass produced court papers but doesn't turn up if they are defended. Your keyword search should find this if I am correct.

I have done lots of searches.

I did not appeal to the IAS because of the advice in the stickies and received on pepipoo saying it was futile basically.

I really need to PM someone because of posting certain information in the open forum.

Could you post a link to that thread, please?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

People appear to have stopped helping me there. There was some discussion of railway byelaws which has left me more confused. And I am struggling to proceed because of limiting the information I post in the open forum, hence the need to PM someone.
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Railway bylaws mean they can only pursue the driver and not the keeper, have you told them who was driving?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You have posted a link to the pepipoo forum page.

Can you post a link to your thread there
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You have posted a link to the pepipoo forum page.

Can you post a link to your thread there
    Found it: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=104939
  • danlightbulb
    Options
    Grimble wrote: »
    Railway bylaws mean they can only pursue the driver and not the keeper, have you told them who was driving?

This is why I really need to PM someone.

Apologies for the incorrect link and thanks to Slithy for posting the correct one.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Pepipoo is the best place - you look to have lots of advice there!

Answering whether or not you have given away you were the driver isn't too confidential!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hopefully you appealed as keeper not driver, if you have appealed as keeper and not given away who was driving, there is no harm in saying so , you just need to say" I appealed as keeper and they have no idea who was driving"

if you have appealed to VCS as the driver and therefore given away who was driving, they already know and so there is no problem saying so on the forums , shame if you did give away the drivers details, but its spilt milk if you have done so
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport