Faulty item purchased from Amazon - refused refund

Okay...posted about this a little while back.

Long story short I bought a bed via Amazon (third party seller) which should have been delivered beginning of Feb.

1.Bed arrived and was faulty.
2.Contacted seller who agreed to collect old bed and deliver a replacement.
3.Replacement was delivered but courier refused to collect original faulty bed.
4. Replacement bed was also faulty. Contacted seller who agreed to organise for courier to collect both faulty beds and once this had happened I would be issued with a refund.

All fine except we're now at the end of March and I am still without a refund. The seller has "allegedly" organised for courier to collect multiple times (pretty sure we're up to at least 5 now) but they never do. I am told I'll receive a delivery slot the previous day, but that doesn't happen so I am left in waiting all day...the one time I did receive a delivery slot (4-6pm) I was called by the courier after 4pm to say they weren't coming.

It's been a complete shambles. Someone on this forum suggested I file an A-Z claim with Amazon. Did that coming up for 3 weeks ago and no response from them. Contacted their customer service team today to be told that the claims team are awaiting a response from the seller, but unless the seller agrees to refund there is nothing they can do?!

Currently drafting a "Letter Before Action" to send to the seller but annoyed that I am having to go through all this as Amazon's "guarantee" is apparently worthless.

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Okay...posted about this a little while back.

Long story short I bought a bed via Amazon (third party seller) which should have been delivered beginning of Feb.

1.Bed arrived and was faulty.
    2.Contacted seller who agreed to collect old bed and deliver a replacement.
    3.Replacement was delivered but courier refused to collect original faulty bed.
    4. Replacement bed was also faulty. Contacted seller who agreed to organise for courier to collect both faulty beds and once this had happened I would be issued with a refund.

All fine except we're now at the end of March and I am still without a refund. The seller has "allegedly" organised for courier to collect multiple times (pretty sure we're up to at least 5 now) but they never do. I am told I'll receive a delivery slot the previous day, but that doesn't happen so I am left in waiting all day...the one time I did receive a delivery slot (4-6pm) I was called by the courier after 4pm to say they weren't coming.

It's been a complete shambles. Someone on this forum suggested I file an A-Z claim with Amazon. Did that coming up for 3 weeks ago and no response from them. Contacted their customer service team today to be told that the claims team are awaiting a response from the seller, but unless the seller agrees to refund there is nothing they can do?!

Currently drafting a "Letter Before Action" to send to the seller but annoyed that I am having to go through all this as Amazon's "guarantee" is apparently worthless.
    Here's the previous thread. Not sure why we need another thread.

Have you read MSE's Failed Delivery article?
    Not quite your scenario, but the principle applies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure