IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Parking Solutions PCN

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't say thank you enough for all of your help and advice, in particular Pulpotim & Coupon-mad. Justice has at long last prevailed! I am relieved beyond belief and glad for it to be over with; there is nothing more exhausting and frustrating than trying to prove your innocence.
    Fantastic news! Yours is the first one we've seen on forums where POPLA have re-heard a case and overturned a wrong decision. We heard about that only this week, as blogged by the Parking Prankster:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/popla-will-rehear-cases-on-procedural.html

Seems it was a change in policy forced on POPLA by ISPA.

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    so .......

this looks like the first we / I have seen re

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/popla-will-rehear-cases-on-procedural.html

so Beewi well done for perseverance

Ralph:cool:
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations. However, once again it seems to me that overlong appeals and comments often obscure the nugget that is a winner. Assessors then glaze over and fall into "another forum template" mode and skim read.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not really. The nugget was in the comments and POPLA were just too quick to ignore them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pulpotim1960
    Options
    Hi Beewi,
    Absolutely fantastic news - I'm so pleased for you - very well done.

It's an absolute disgrace that we all have to go through such $hite for justice to prevail. So many people don't have the time or the skill sets required to wade through long and dull documents in order to put forward a well constructed and logical appeal. Still, I suppose in the context of recent events in Munich and Nice, all this stuff is quite trivial and we should count our lucky stars that we don't have much more serious issues to contend with. That said, it doesn't stop me from having childish fantasies about disabling Premier Parking Solution's ANPR cameras in all their car parks!!!

Well done again Beewi - your news has made my day.
  • Beewi
    Beewi Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you once again, this time for your kind and encouraging comments, i'm still smiling about this small yet rewarding victory :D. However I am once again seeking your help and advice.

Since the overturned appeal, I have received two $hitty letters from DRP (Debt Recovery Plus Ltd) demanding payment. Is it my responsibility to tell them that the POPLA appeal was allowed or should I ignore these letters and assume that POPLA have informed PPS of the over turned decision and so consequently the matter is now closed?
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beewi wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thank you once again, this time for your kind and encouraging comments, i'm still smiling about this small yet rewarding victory :D. However I am once again seeking your help and advice.

Since the overturned appeal, I have received two $hitty letters from DRP (Debt Recovery Plus Ltd) demanding payment. Is it my responsibility to tell them that the POPLA appeal was allowed or should I ignore these letters and assume that POPLA have informed PPS of the over turned decision and so consequently the matter is now closed?

Personally Iwouldn't waste my time on them, you could however send a complaint to The BPA for what good they are.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ^^ +1 ^^. Definitely do this! Why should you continue to be hassled? Repay the misery!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Beewi
    Options
    Hi folks,

Just to keep you updated.

Further to fisherjim's suggestion, I emailed the BPA on 20/07/16 to report Debt Recovery Plus (DRP) . The matter has been referred to the AOS Investigation Team, however they are still waiting on further information from the operator (Premier Parking Solutions), surprise surprise!

I have now received four letters from DRP, at first demanding payment and more recently threatening court action. Their tactics are intimidating and deceptive and their constant bombardment is nothing short of harassment.

I am disgusted that companies such as DRP can get away with this appalling behaviour, especially in view of the fact that I am not even liable for the parking charge!

Watch this space...
  • Beewi
    Options
    Hi folks,

At long last, I have finally had some resolution from the BPA regarding my complaint about Debt Recovery Plus (DRP). The response email from Joanna Barnes in the AOS Investigation Team dated 29/09/16 is shown below.

---
    PCN CANCELLED

Thank you very much for your patience whilst this has been looked into. It transpires that POPLA had initially ruled against your appeal, but following a review had altered their outcome. The operator has contacted us today and has agreed to cancel the charge. Subsequently any debt collection proceedings should cease also.

The Approved Operator Scheme and its Code of Practice was developed by the BPA to bring a degree of regularity to an industry without primary legislation, and the BPA has worked hard to improve standards in the private parking sector in the knowledge there is no regulation of it. The AOS Code since its inception in 2007 has delivered significant improvements to the way operators manage their clients land. I hope this helps to assure you no charges are outstanding and the matter has been concluded by both the parking operator and the debt recovery agent, and would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

In light of the above we are now concluding our case.

Yours sincerely,

Joanna Barnes
    AOS Investigation Team
    Email: aos@britishparking.co.uk
    Web: https://www.britishparking.co.uk
    ---
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income