£170000 in 10 years

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your holiday. The millionaire challenge sounds really interesting.
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you very much EatingTheElephant ,i hope you are having a lovely weekend in your new home and that the sun is shining for you .I am really enjoying the millionaire challenge and i think i will post on here as i progress ,it will be interesting to look back on later.
  • try_harder
    Options
    Week twenty two day one .I am going to try and post every day to keep myself motivated and so that i can read back and see any progress more easily .Today i have sold an item on ebax and made over £12 after fees etc so my £10 a day target has been met today .Food shopping budget for the week is £46 so lets see how close i can keep to that this week i have already bought several items and i now have around £26 left .£800 in ISA stocks and shares from The Millionaire Challenge plus 4 items waiting to be sold and doubled up in price i must readvertise them tomorrow and get them back to the top of the page
    Beautiful day here all the washing is dry and we have been for a lovely walk with the dog by the river i hope it is sunny for everyone .
  • try_harder
    Options
    Week twenty two day five .So much for posting every day ,where does the time go ? I have sold more items on ebax and lots more to list today so make £10 a day on target just .I have been using up all the bits and pieces in my fridge and freezer so as not to spend any more money than necessary and hopefully keep within my £46 food budget.
    In June i am going to try a different method of spending ,i have put all the monies for the month in envelopes ,i find that if i have to use cash i am much more careful about spending than if i use a card so lets see how well i can do .
    We have planted lots of vegetables in the garden and everything is coming up really well and i am hoping this will save me money ,it will be interesting to see,i have lots of salad and beetroot growing and i need to get more started indoors on the windowsills ,the garden is looking wonderful with plants and vegetables growing side by side.
    I have 4 items to sell and double up for my make a million challenge ,i have bumped them all up to the top of the page but must try to do this every day .the shares that i have bought with the money i have made so far are doing really well and the £800 is now showing as £841 which is very encouraging .
    I now have £12,728 in savings which is very good considering we have had a fortnights holiday and no income i had thought i would end May with £12,000 so i was very happy when i saw these figures .
    So now have £12,728 in savings
    £841 ,make a million challenge
    Mortgage today with interest to be added on tomorrow £165,500
    So £151,931 to find ,that doesnt sound so bad ,its goodto see the numbers written down it really does help .
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What fantastic figures TryHarder!! Reading through the last pages of your posts I'm glad to see you're feeling more refreshed and positive following your holiday :)

I find your posts really inspiring and motivating so thank you. :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you Kittenkirst i am so pleased that it helps you ,thats the wonderful thing about this group of people we all help each other to stay motivated its so very important i just love it on here .
    We had a wonderful holiday thank you and i am so grateful that my mood has lifted and i feel much more positive again.
    Its a beautiful day here again today and everywhere looks lovely i hope its sunny where you are i shall be going out for a little walk after lunch down by the river i love being by the water no better place .
  • FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi try harder, how do you find the cash in enveloped approach? I had a go at that years back but didn't like carrying around lots of cash and then found myself stuck if I needed to make an unplanned spend. I guess planning ahead is part and parcel of it, perhaps that's where I went wrong!
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • try_harder
    Options
    Hello FloppyDisk .June will be my first month of trying the envelope system so i will let you know how things go at the end of June .I will carry a card with me but will only use it if really necessary.I dont mind carrying cash in my purse and will only take with me what i think i will need for that day ,i think it will be ok i think it will be a lot better as i tend to not think of the card as money whereas i am much more reluctant to part with cash.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,904 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It sounds like the break was just what you needed TH :) Things certainly seem to have been going well for you since. Good luck with the envelope system - I hope it works for you.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• try_harder
    Options
    Thank you themadvix it certainly helped i definitely feel more positive about everything .Yes i will let you know how it goes starts today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure