PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Spring has arrived! Laundry out on the line :)

Options
Hooray!
Beautiful morning and I've got the laundry pegged out on the line outside for the first time this year :T
I much prefer drying laundry outside, it smells so much nicer, but my garden is north facing, so the line is in the shade over the winter when the sun is low in the sky. So, for me, this is a sign that spring has arrived!

I'm making the most of the lovely weather today as unfortunately the forecast is not looking as good for the next week :(
2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Comments

• PenguinOfDeath
    PenguinOfDeath Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    Options
    Hah glad it's not just me then! Our back garden is north facing too so it is a pain, I managed to eek out a couple of drying days over the last couple of weeks, having to venture over a boggy lawn to do so!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    BoPsie's had her smalls on the line for weeks now!
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 March 2016 at 4:35PM
    Options
    BoPsie's had her smalls on the line for weeks now!
    Lucky BoPsie :)

No point my hanging anything small or large out until the sun gets above the roofline, it doesn't dry :(
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hah glad it's not just me then! Our back garden is north facing too so it is a pain, I managed to eek out a couple of drying days over the last couple of weeks, having to venture over a boggy lawn to do so!

Ha ha :D
    Yes, the lawn is a bit of a jungle at the moment, but my grandkitten loves it like that!

Will give it it's first cut of the year soon though, if it ever dries out enough! - washing line is in the sun now, but it hasn't reached the ground yet. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks :)
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    First load washed, hung and dried outdoors, ready to fold, second load just hung now, what's not to love in a sunny spring day like today?
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been managing to hang some of mine out for the last few weeks. After our horrendous electricity bill, £430 out in one month :eek: (a winter of estimated bills, we hadn't checked!). I knew I needed to get our energy consumption down. Taking advice from my Mum who checks the weather reports, I now only TD towels and underwear. These 2 loads are the only ones I will put in the WM on an evening or when it's raining. All others only go on at a time of day that they can be line dryed. I have got DH on board but just doing the loads that way and not telling him :shhh: as he has a tendency to shove anything in and TD it - hence the reason for at least part of the big bill.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,002 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've done 12 loads today.. most is dry enough for a 10 minute dryer blast and put away.. I have a north facing garden and put the whirlything close enough to the patio I don't need to get my trotters muddy!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have a very open and South facing garden. I peg out virtually all year round as long as it's not raining. Even after half an hour you get that beautiful smell.
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Hooray!
    Beautiful morning and I've got the laundry pegged out on the line outside for the first time this year :T
    I much prefer drying laundry outside, it smells so much nicer, but my garden is north facing, so the line is in the shade over the winter when the sun is low in the sky. So, for me, this is a sign that spring has arrived!

I'm making the most of the lovely weather today as unfortunately the forecast is not looking as good for the next week :(

Same here, washing out for the first time in ages in my also north facing garden.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah had my first washing dried outside this year. It was the bedding from our bed, I can't wait to go to bed tonight, love fresh sheets but even better is fresh line dried sheets.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure