IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Private parking fine

Options
Hello,

Wondered if anyone can offer any advice. Last week i got a park ticket on a new housing estate. There was clear signage and I had broken the rules. The parking people are registered with the BPA. I have contacted the council and the road is not registered with highways and does not have a TRO in place. Do I need to pay this ticket or can it be appealed?

Thank you

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Have you read the stickies?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • GEC90
    Options
    Not sure where they are sorry..
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    GEC90 wrote: »

its obvious that you have not read them yet then

they are threads that are "stuck" to the top of this forum, FAQ threads that you should read, especially the coupon-mad thread titled NEWBIES FAQ, that tells you everything you need to know

its 2 or 3 threads down below the red "new thread" button you used earlier
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    GEC90 wrote: »

Click on the 'breadcrumb trail' in small writing at the top of this page where it says > motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

The bit I've put in bold is where you click, above at the top of this page, hops you back a step to the forum list of threads.

You want to read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport